Question Klipsch The Fives...I need something with more air on the top end...

clay49

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Hi folks

I have a pair of Klipsch The Fives on my desk (sitting on top of a set of Kanto Tuk angled speaker stands), and it is a nice setup (I also have an SVS 1000 Pro sub connected...under my desk). Over all it is a nice sound, but my ears would like a little more "air" and articulation in the high-end treble frequencies and maybe a wider image overall??? Asking too much, maybe?

Just wondered if there is something else that is approximately the same size, that has bluetooth capability, sub out and remote control access that would give me that top end without having to uber eq my setup.

Would love your thoughts at recommendations...thanks!

twinkletoes

Nov 16, 2021
Visit site
Welcome, just out of curiosity have listened to them with out the subwoofer? Subs can take away from the top end if not quite setup correctly. Klipsch is not a brand I’d say doesn’t struggle up too.. Though I admittedly I haven’t heard them. But do own the speakers from there heritage line.

Some thing of a similar size would be the kef slx speakers. Think it’s slx.

clay49

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Welcome, just out of curiosity have listened to them with out the subwoofer? Subs can take away from the top end if not quite setup correctly. Klipsch is not a brand I’d say doesn’t struggle up too.. Though I admittedly I haven’t heard them. But do own the speakers from there heritage line.

Some thing of a similar size would be the kef slx speakers. Think it’s slx.
Yes, I have...I only dial in a touch of the sub bass, so it really doesn't affect the total mix as far as covering the high frequencies. The SVS 1000 is a superb sub....very tight and controlled.

clay49

Feb 10, 2022
Visit site
Well, I guess we’re done here… Any recommendations of other forms that might have more interest in desktop Bluetooth speakers?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts