Klipsch Image X10 vs Sennheiser IE8

ConcreteFloater

Apr 18, 2008
Visit site
Hello all.

I was wandering if any of you have had the oportunity to compare directly the Klipsch Image X10 with the Sennheiser IE8? I have read the reviews and I'm pretty much torn between the two.

I have an iPod Classic and I'm looking at a 'serious' upgrade! Almost all of my audio files are lossless and those that are compressed are not less than 320kbps so I'm not worried about too much 'honesty' from the top-end headphones. I listen to almost all styles of music from classical and jazz to classic rock and NWOBM... definately no pop or dance though!

Basically I'm looking for the ones that are going to give me the cleanest, truest possible sound and I definately don't care for unnatural, OTT base.

I am currently swaying towards the Klipsch as I have seen them for £115, which seems like a bargain. The Sennheiser's I have found for £179.

I would really appreciate any thoughts of any of you who have had the chance to compare the two.

Many thanks in advance for your time and opinions.

CF

A

Anonymous

Hi CF,

Sorry, only just saw this post. If you haven't already made your choice, go for the Klipsch's. If it's neutrality you're after, they just pip the Sennheisers, and with that kind of price difference you really can't go wrong.

A

Anonymous

What about Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 ? haven't tried them myself, but there seem to be highly rated.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
they were previously branded as the Klipsch X, then Klipsch lauched the X1 and X5 and rebranded the X as the X10. There was limited old stock at the reduced price, Amazon and Pixmania notably had some, but they're sold-out now. You may still find them if you google, but I'd be doubtful.

TRENDING THREADS