klipsch cornwall iv - Pairing Advise

ha55is

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello one and all,
Quick one I have a pair of klipsch cornwall iv and looking to pair with CA EDGE W + NQ.

Anyone heard this combo or have any thoughts on it?

Just want to get this right. Wanting somethingI wont want to update in a long time....

Will be for use in a Snug (Music Room) medium sized room at home.

Have top evening

Ha55is

Unfortunately I’ve not heard them together, but given what I believe is a high sensitivity they should be capable of stupendous volume. If you like folk music and string quartets you might want to look farther afield, but if you’re more into heavy metal and stadium rock it could be a marriage made in heaven!

Reactions: Al ears and ha55is

ha55is

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately I’ve not heard them together, but given what I believe is a high sensitivity they should be capable of stupendous volume. If you like folk music and string quartets you might want to look farther afield, but if you’re more into heavy metal and stadium rock it could be a marriage made in heaven!

Thanks for this. I slowly moving from loud and live to softer folk and strings. Would you know where else I should be searching? Thanks in advance

ha55is

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
A decent valve amplifier.
Why do you want the CA pair? The Klipsch need a large room and not much power from the amplifiers

Just was impressed with connection options on streamer and just chose Edge W as they seemed to pair well.
I wanting as much warmth from the set-up as possible

D

Deleted member 116933

Just was impressed with connection options on streamer and just chose Edge W as they seemed to pair well.
I wanting as much warmth from the set-up as possible

I own a pair of baby heresy 3s. Though not as big as yours offer pretty much the same sound just on a smaller scale. Ab and d solid state made for quite a harsh tiring listen. And it’s not because of the class it’s because of the power. It’s sounds like the amps are running away. Is the best I can describe it. The tweeters get very excited

From experience 20 watts will rock your world, 30-50 will be earth shattering . I personally use a class sugden a21sig with 23 watts a side ( more than capable of playing rock at obscene levels) with a chord qutest, chosen for its class a output stage. Then just pic you poison for a streamer blue sound and so on. I use a chromecast audio for convenience and computer running audirvana for more serious listening.

I chose the class a solid state because I didn’t want to deal with tubes. And the a21 offers 90-95% of tubes

I don’t know what part of the world your in and how much you wish to spend but I’d be looking at luxman audio. Unison, sugden, first watt and so on. Even some vintage amps like sansui marantz pioneer luxman and sugden NAD would be good choices.

Perhaps go to klipsch forum to see what other folks are using.

Reactions: ha55is

daytona600

Sudgen / musical fidelity for solid state or hybrid croft & avoid harsh/thin sounding amps & class D/G
friend uses a unison research S6 & DCS rossini Dac with his cornwalls 35wpc more than enough to get the police at the door & fills
a very large room

Correctly matched amps / source & cornwalls could be your last speaker

Thanks for this. I slowly moving from loud and live to softer folk and strings. Would you know where else I should be searching? Thanks in advance
I’m not sure where you are based, but in the UK you might try Harbeth for a more traditional sound. Can you audition a few speakers, because it’s a big investment that needs some careful preparation and listening?

ha55is

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
The Hegel is another excellent powerful sold-state amplifiers. It won’t be significantly different to the Cambridge tonally, so the speakers will dominate with their character. Have you heard them?

not yet but having a home listen soon. I’ve now come down to the idea of the Hegel or Primaluna Evo 400

not yet but having a home listen soon. I’ve now come down to the idea of the Hegel or Primaluna Evo 400
The Prima Luna range is very likeable, but the high output impedance on valve amps means their sound will be more variable with different speakers. Best avoid those that drop below 4 ohms, and Stereophile and a Hifi News both regularly measure this.
Any dealer selling either brand should be well placed to advise on and demonstrate speakers.

ha55is

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
The Prima Luna range is very likeable, but the high output impedance on valve amps means their sound will be more variable with different speakers. Best avoid those that drop below 4 ohms, and Stereophile and a Hifi News both regularly measure this.
Any dealer selling either brand should be well placed to advise on and demonstrate speakers.

As I just mentioned on last reply Turns out I know alot less than I thought... My head is tarting to hurt. Ha!
"Best avoid those that drop below 4 ohms"
Any recommendations?

Do the Klipsch Cornwalls regularly fall below 4 ohms?

Do the Klipsch Cornwalls regularly fall below 4 ohms?
Quite possibly not, and I didn’t mean to imply they did. But as you know, many modern supposedly 8 ohm speakers do.

In any case at 103dB sensitivity they’d only need about twenty watts in most rooms. So unless ha55is lives in a converted aircraft hangar these monster powered amps are irrelevant.

Last edited:

ha55is

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Going to start with have a home listen to :

Klipsch Cornwall IV
Auralic Vega
Verete Phono 1 (orange)
McIntosh Ma252

Although the McIntosh headphone Amp also sounds like a good way to go...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts