admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
A friend has popped over today accompanied by their six year old.........one guitar string has already gone (800 pound yamaha).......speaker covers went on very briskly :(

A

Anonymous

She told him off......lots of tears.....apologies.......could have done without it!.......i can re-string the guitar, but won't be so understanding if the Dalis are injured ;) Pesky kids.......you gotta love 'em

A

Anonymous

Children are vandals.
emotion-39.gif

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
My two tried to help with the dusting and scratched my six months old Philips 32" LCD (right in the middle), £600 OF DAMAGE!!!!!!!

Insurance company were great though. Needless to say they are now well tuned in to Dad's paranoia about the TV and HiFi.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Few years ago my little (back then) son push my Neat's drivers in! surprisingly they sounded ok, just value droped in half....that's all
emotion-9.gif

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Kids are great as long as you can hand them back!!

Mine are now 16 & 17 and know better - I also taught them right from wrong and to respect other people's property. Never had a problem.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Cofnchtr"]
Hi,

Kids are great as long as you can hand them back!!

Mine are now 16 & 17 and know better - I also taught them right from wrong and to respect other people's property. Never had a problem.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.
[/quote]
I'll second that. Never had a problem with mine either, they knew what they could and could not touch.

A

Anonymous

I have two young kids who have never touched mine or any of my mates beloved hi fi due to being taught respect for other peoples property so dont blame kids blame the parents after all they have to learn somewhere.

Gyp

Dec 17, 2007
Visit site
I'm reminded of a visit from friends of mine when their child was about 18 months old

After dinner, the child got off their chair and started wiping their hands on the sofa

The parents repeatedly said "No, don't rub your hands on the sofa", and after being told about 8 times, the child did indeed stop.

"See", they told me, "if you repeat yourself and maintain the message children will listen and do as they are told"

"He stopped because he'd got all the custard off his hands", I replied

Luckily the parents have grown up a lot since :)

A

Anonymous

Our 2.5 year old has managed to "de-program' our multi-region DVD player. Still don't know how he did it. He's trigger happy - gotta press those buttons. And whoever said you can train them is right - you can teach them to respect your stuff. But it's a bit like toilet training - there is a learning curve where you can get a few "accidents" ...

A

Anonymous

Interesting thoughts and experiences.......I have learnt to remove important things from display if my friends' juniors ever come over again.......if being the operative word. I managed to pacify myself over the guitar string by remembering a time I accidentally smashed one of my mum's finest crockery........of course accidents happen, has no reflection on the quality of parenting, unless the Dali's got hurt, in which case she would have been the worst mother in the world ;)

laserman16

Nov 23, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="stormheader"]
I have two young kids who have never touched mine or any of my mates beloved hi fi due to being taught respect for other peoples property so dont blame kids blame the parents after all they have to learn somewhere.
[/quote]
Spot on.

A

Anonymous

Mine (nearly a year old) can turn on my system, one component at a time, load a minidisc, set it playing, tweak the volume to his liking, then start "dancing" while holding onto my rack. Sometimes bends back down to tweak the volume again. Nice to know he enjoys it as much as I do.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="stormheader"]
[/quote]

Well said. Kids are 20% what they are born, 80% what their parents let them be.

John Duncan

[quote user="ranjeetrain"][quote user="stormheader"]
[/quote]

Well said. Kids are 20% what they are born, 80% what their parents let them be.[/quote]

Oh so now the tantrums in the supermarket are *my* fault, hm?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]

Oh so now the tantrums in the supermarket are *my* fault, hm?[/quote]

I can't believe the number of parents who seem to think it's acceptable to let their child run havoc in supermarkets. Kids whizzing around in those 'heely' shoes are bad enough, but i've even encountered them in the aisles on scooters and trikes. Still, something to aim for with a heavy trolley
emotion-3.gif

John Duncan

[quote user="Clare Newsome"]
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]

Oh so now the tantrums in the supermarket are *my* fault, hm?[/quote]

I can't believe the number of parents who seem to think it's acceptable to let their child run havoc in supermarkets. Kids whizzing around in those 'heely' shoes are bad enough, but i've even encountered them in the aisles on scooters and trikes. Still, something to aim for with a heavy trolley
emotion-3.gif

[/quote]

Oh, that was *you* on Saturday - sorry about your shins..........

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts