Kick-Ass being released on 4K!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.amazon.com/Kick-Ass-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-ray/dp/B07477Z59S/ref=pd_sbs_74_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07477Z59S&pd_rd_r=40EF1DE970C3RPG3Q4DQ&pd_rd_w=z8VYO&pd_rd_wg=fR5cx&psc=1&refRID=40EF1DE970C3RPG3Q4DQ

Should sort out that problem I was having with the black level, in one of the final scenes where Big Daddy gets burnt to death!

It depends how it was filmed in the first place. All too often the camera wasn't set up properly for a dark scene, so the scene looks grainy or lacking any real vividness to the black (if indeed it should be a real black). Many remasters have had certain areas highlighted - an oval or round blotch of light on the screen which is becoming more and more irritating. I first noticed it on the remaster of The Fog, but have seen it many, many times since. Rather than lighten the whole screen, they choose an area of focus and just lighten that. It just looks wrong.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
davidf said:
It depends how it was filmed in the first place. All too often the camera wasn't set up properly for a dark scene, so the scene looks grainy or lacking any real vividness to the black (if indeed it should be a real black). Many remasters have had certain areas highlighted - an oval or round blotch of light on the screen which is becoming more and more irritating. I first noticed it on the remaster of The Fog, but have seen it many, many times since. Rather than lighten the whole screen, they choose an area of focus and just lighten that. It just looks wrong.
hi david do you get the SVS SB-2000 Subwoofers in ? as i am looking for one but trying to get one under £799 ?

Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
hi david do you get the SVS SB-2000 Subwoofers in ? as i am looking for one but trying to get one under £799 ?
I can supply any of the SVS subwoofers, although I'll only be keeping the sealed models - the ported ones are just too big for most people.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
I can supply any of the SVS subwoofers, although I'll only be keeping the sealed models - the ported ones are just too big for most people.
i thought the the SVS SB-2000 was sealed ?

D

Deleted member 2457

davidf said:
True. I hope so though.

Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Yup.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Yup.
its the one i am after but trying to get it a little cheaper under the £799 ?

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Yup.
Could always phone David up and ask him for a deal? Nothing to lose...

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Yup.
yes gel you might be right

D

Deleted member 2457

Blacksabbath25 said:
gel said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
davidf said:
Yup.
yes gel you might be right
Didnt want you or David to get in trouble.
wink_smile.png

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Just got Hacksaw Ridge on Atmos regular BD. Going to watch it tonight.

Can't wait for an Atmos release of Dunkirk.

Imagine what a remake of The Battle of Britain would be like with Atmos!

Saw both at the cinema

D

Deleted member 2457

Benedict_Arnold said:

Saw both at the cinema
I got Hacksaw Ridge on 4K Blu-ray but only watched the first 30 mins, it was like I had watched the film before with BOB and Pearl Harbor and Saving Private Ryan, so I gave up with it. Perhaps you will get on better? Dunkirk looks good from the ads on TV but again I am not sure.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My only criticism of Dunkirk, compared to the 1958 John Mills / Richard Attenborough "original" (the actual evacuation being the true "original") is that they obviously didn't have the budget for enough extras on the beach, not enough war surplus to capture the scale of how much hardware was left behind, nor (obviously) enough surviving WW2 planes, ships or "little ships".

Mental note to self: Must look out for the 1958 version on DVD.

gel said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Saw both at the cinema
I got Hacksaw Ridge on 4K Blu-ray but only watched the first 30 mins, it was like I had watched the film before with BOB and Pearl Harbor and Saving Private Ryan, so I gave up with it.  Perhaps you will get on better?  Dunkirk looks good from the ads on TV but again I am not sure.  
You really should watch the whole film. The best bit is the second half....one of the best films I've watched. It's a true story, not fiction.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
My only criticism of Dunkirk, compared to the 1958 John Mills / Richard Attenborough "original" (the actual evacuation being the true "original") is that they obviously didn't have the budget for enough extras on the beach, not enough war surplus to capture the scale of how much hardware was left behind, nor (obviously) enough surviving WW2 planes, ships or "little ships".

Mental note to self: Must look out for the 1958 version on DVD.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Saw both at the cinema
I got Hacksaw Ridge on 4K Blu-ray but only watched the first 30 mins, it was like I had watched the film before with BOB and Pearl Harbor and Saving Private Ryan, so I gave up with it.  Perhaps you will get on better?  Dunkirk looks good from the ads on TV but again I am not sure.  
Realbstory begins when the hero (and he really does deserve that accolade) went up the scramble net....

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Series1boy said:
It is a great film and a fantastic take on a true story, a must watch!

BOTH are actually...

Although I don't think anyone under 30 believes them to be so. Perhaps if they had a hero with a mask and cape and his y-fronts atop his tights....

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
Benedict_Arnold said:

Saw both at the cinema
I got Hacksaw Ridge on 4K Blu-ray but only watched the first 30 mins, it was like I had watched the film before with BOB and Pearl Harbor and Saving Private Ryan, so I gave up with it. Perhaps you will get on better? Dunkirk looks good from the ads on TV but again I am not sure.
You really should watch the whole film. The best bit is the second half....one of the best films I've watched. It's a true story, not fiction.
Yep, reminded me of the medic in BOB in the previews and the beginning was so slow I gave up and sold it.

D

Deleted member 2457

Perhaps I will buy it again on DVD, because the HDR 4k Blu-ray wasn't great! Cheers.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
I'm amazed that you're taking the loss of buying then selling 4K discs without even watching the film fully!
I seem to do it a lot too! I will now buy DVDs and watch them fully for films I actually want.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
What I want to know is, in Hacksaw Ridge, why didn't the Japs just sneak up in the dark and cut the scramble net? And how did the net survive all that shelling?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts