Kenwood LS-65 loudspeakers -- how decent?

voroddo

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone comment on how decent/detailed the (quite old?) Kenwood LS-65 loudspeakers might be for classical music/radio?

I have an unusual reason for asking. My partner uses, in her small flat, a NAD 3020 receiver (which, though old, is great!), but with terrible muddy old JVC speakers which come from an ancient 'system' and are badly letting the receiver down. I've been trying to get her something better BUT, for reasons of space, habit, and the arrangement of the room, she will only countenance speakers of a roughly comparable size (18.5 x 10.5 x 8 in.), not smaller ones! Neither of us wants to spend much money at the moment and in any case it's hard finding decent s/h speakers so big! I have the chance to buy the Kenwoods locally for £55 and want to do so (even if the price is a bit high) IF I can feel they'll sound pretty good with the receiver. Presumably they'd be a vast improvement on the awful JVCs but can anyone advise further?

voroddo

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for replies thus far! I'll certainly keep an eye out for those Goodmans, though the ones I can see at the mo are a bit pricier (factoring in postage).

For myself I'd gladly go for the Wharfedales! But (see above) they're too small. (The existing JVCs are on very small plinths, so not much above floor level, and speaker stands are not an option!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts