KENWOOD KD8030 TURNTABLE - NEW ARM?

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
I bought my Kenwood KD8030 Quartz PLL Direct Drive turntable approx 20 years ago in Germany. I love it dearly, and won't part with it, and I am absolutely shameless in admitting that it is as much for it's looks as anything else. More recently, I have acquired a pair of Sennheisser HD650s along with a Lehmann Audio Black Cube Linear headphone amp, and the difference it has made to my vinyl listening is breathtaking. This has got me to thinking if a new arm on my Kenwood KD8030 would improve matters further? As I have said, I won't consider replacing the turntable, but the arm is 20 years old, and I'm thinking a replacement would improve matters further. Anyone out there able to help with advice on which, if any, replacement arm would improve matters?

Once again, thanks for any advice offered.

A

Anonymous

Malg,

Did you find a suitable arm? Would you consider selling me the orginal arm off the KD8030?

Thanks for your consideration, Jim

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Jim,

Apologies that this has taken so long, but I've been away. I took my turntable in for a service, and was told that the arm cannot be replaced. Bit sad, but it must just be that Kenwood made them that way! I'm going to have a serious look at updating the turntable at some point. There is a Clearaudio Performance for sale on Ebay that is seriously tempting me. Unfortunately, I can't get to listen to it before I buy, so I'm just going off reviews, and before everyone has a dig at me - I know this is bad form. The turntable is the last remnant of my hi-fi set up I put together 20 odd years ago. Everything else has gone. I wouldn't say that I've caught the upgrading bug, as I didn't replace anything for 20 years, so if I do go for the Clearaudio, I think I'll have it for another 20 years.

If I do get the Clearaudio, I'll take the arm off the KD8030 if you are still interested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts