KEF - When a 5 year warranty means nothing! - can this be right?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a KEF2001 system that I bought around 3 years ago. Recently the Sub woofer started acting up poping and cutting out and then just buzzed. I dug out the warranty , I have a 5 year Limited warranty registration card that I quote from inside "This precision engineered KEF product is guaranteed against FAULTY MATERIAL AND/OR WORKMANSHIP for a periods of 5 years from original date of purchase......"

There is a list of restrictions after this statement none of which I have broken. However after taking the sub to the shop I bought it from I've been told that it needs a new 'amp package' and that KEF say this is not covered by the warranty and hence I will have to pay for the repairs myself. (aprox £100 so they say).

So my question is basically is can KEF get away with this? How can they have this warranty but not keep to it?

Has anyone had similar problems but had it rapaired?

As it stands now this will be the first and last KEF product that I ever buy!

Thanks

A

Anonymous

My experience was the exact opposite - the sub with my 2001.2 system started playing up, I took it into my dealer - and they swapped the amp-board on the spot - didn't even plug it in to check there was a fault.

Apparently there was a known fault and KEF we re-issuing the board.

A

Anonymous

I also have a KEF KHT2005.1 system and the sub crapped out about 2 years ago, when it was 3 years old. I actually took it to KEF in Kent myself and they swapped out the amp in the Sub while I waited. They were increadibly nice and it cost me £50 exactly. But I never expected that I'd get it for free. Never saw a 5 year warranty card in my pack. I don't know, maybe if I had I'd have expected it for free. But £50 for a new Amp, no repairs, new, is damn fine value. (If you can drive yourself to KEF in Kent! That is.)

A

Anonymous

you havent in fact done anything to the sub so the sub should be replaced for free do moan and do stamp your feet 'till you get wat you want for free it dosent work cose it has developed afoult and its within warranty so thy dont have a leg to stand on to !

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with SEX here. (SEX is always agreeable I should add). D'Oh! Sunday is getting to me!

A

Anonymous

sex is alway good and could bring world peace if we all done it at list once a day !

A

Anonymous

Once a day with the same person or a differnt one every day??

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Only once a day???
emotion-40.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts