Kef R100 or Dynaudio Excite X12 for Rega Brio-R?

A

Anonymous

May not be too much help but heard the KEF R100s a lot with the Brio R as well as the LS50s but only the Dynaudio DM2/6s...

the R100s bar far were the better suited; fantastic sound, punchy/taut & deep bass with superb mids and top end. LS50s and the Dynaudios were very good but they didnt seem to gel as well with the Brio R but I think that's because they're not as a easy drive as the KEF R100s...

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Hi Jazz21

About the Kef 100 i can not help you, but it was on my list to demo but in Portugal the dealer didn't have them...

Regardering the Dynaudios Excite X12 i don't get tierd to speak good things about my system combo Rega Brio R / Dynaudio Excite X12 !!!

it is important to know a bit more about your music tastes and the space you can provide to the Dyns.

In my oppinion:

- it is a killer system for detail

- very revealing

- a knock out for female voices, jazz, bossa nova, classic music, pop, rock ( Dire straits, Pink Floyd an so on...) the bass is fast, clean and tight. And for the speaker sise some time i get up to certify miself if the sub is off.

And if you like vinyl, oh my god, as i think the Brio R and the Dyns were made to play it!

if you need some more info plaese ask!

:cheers:

A

Anonymous

Thank you for your answers ... It seems that both have their strengths, I try to listen to both, but do not know if I will succeed (because long distance to the dealers).

A

Anonymous

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I think that the Kef R100 aren't a match for the Excite X12, try instead the R300.

youve said you haven't heard the KEF R100s so how can you say they're not a match!

please only advise if you're in a position to do so; not here say or 'feelings'!

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
therecruiter said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
I think that the Kef R100 aren't a match for the Excite X12, try instead the R300.

youve said you haven't heard the KEF R100s so how can you say they're not a match!

please only advise if you're in a position to do so; not here say or 'feelings'!

Kef R100 freq. Response +-3db 56hz - 28 Khz crossover freq 2.5 khz

sensit 86db

Kef R300 freq. Response +-3db 50Hz - 28 Khz crossover freq 500hz - 2.8 khz

sensit 88db

Dynaudio Excite X12 freq response +-3db 50Hz - 23 Khz crossover freq. 2,0 Khz

sensit 86 db

this is the paper talking !!! Not me!

A

Anonymous

You've probably already made your decision but I have just spent the afternoon having a demo of the sonos through the Rega Brio with the Dynaudio x12's and the combo sounds excellent. We tried various other speakers but there was no comparison. I have purchased the amp and ordered the x12's. I don't think you will be disappointed.

A

Anonymous

You've probably already made your decision but I have just spent the afternoon having a demo of the sonos through the Rega Brio with the Dynaudio x12's and the combo sounds excellent. We tried various other speakers but there was no comparison. I have purchased the amp and ordered the x12's. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
jjw20 said:

Hi jjw20

Great CHOICE !!!

This Dyns X12 really are gems! And paird with the Rega Brio R that is a detaild and smooth sound they get along great.

Of course the Dyns X12 can handle and benefit from a more eficient amp.

But if you only have money for the Brio R, you'll have a great sounding system.

And if you want to take the best from them try with a turning table...

Best REGArds

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
currently listening to Sade - Diamond Life on vinyl through my Rega system........crikey it sounds so good!

have you thought about the RS1s???

Rick1979

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've got a brio r, rdac and rs1. I really wasn't taking to the rs1 as I found the LF boomy and boxy until I read somewhere to replace my qed silver xt cables with rega single quatro. Now they sound superb, especially for they're size and £220 2nd hand in mint condition :)

Do miss my MA RS6 though :cry:

A

Anonymous

jjw20 said:

I have not yet taken a decision ..
Currently, after a downgrade, I have a pair of Proac Response D15. Still not decided if I should change them ...
However, I see no one has yet to be heard both (X12 and R100) ...

A

Anonymous

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Hi Jazz21

About the Kef 100 i can not help you, but it was on my list to demo but in Portugal the dealer didn't have them...

Regardering the Dynaudios Excite X12 i don't get tierd to speak good things about my system combo Rega Brio R / Dynaudio Excite X12 !!!

it is important to know a bit more about your music tastes and the space you can provide to the Dyns.

In my oppinion:

- very revealing

- a knock out for female voices, jazz, bossa nova, classic music, pop, rock ( Dire straits, Pink Floyd an so on...) the bass is fast, clean and tight. And for the speaker sise some time i get up to certify miself if the sub is off.

And if you like vinyl, oh my god, as i think the Brio R and the Dyns were made to play it!

I leaning towards Excites. How they sounds at low volume?

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
jazz21 said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Hi Jazz21

In my oppinion:

- very revealing

I leaning towards Excites. How they sounds at low volume?

They soud amazing, my constant listenig volumes are at 3 o'clock, recently i've bought a RP3 TT and the over all presentation sounded much better then SBT/Rega DAC combo.

This weekend i've found that the filter 3 in Rega DAC has a bit more bass presentation.

The Dynaudios Excite X12 have a gorgeous timbre, the voice coil is something spetial!

If you buy them go easy on them for the first 50 hours, and the full burn in can take until the 100 hours mark.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts