KEF - R Series Range vs Reference Range

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
More out of academic interest than anything else, I am looking to see how close the R Series gets to the performance of the Reference Range of Kef speakers, and what those differences are.

I am throwing this question out to anyone who has directly compared them, and can thus share their insight.

Cheers

Cno

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Ahem!

.....gently coughs in order to catch the attention of the person who encouraged the starting of this thread. :shifty:

A

Anonymous

I'm glad you started this thread Cno. I'd be interested in some of the thoughts and experiences of forum members regarding these 2 Kef models. Cheers.

Tartan Man

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Tartan Man said:
I'm glad you started this thread Cno. I'd be interested in some of the thoughts and experiences of forum members regarding these 2 Kef models. Cheers.

Tartan Man

Cheers TM....though Yoda has gone AWOL, he has! :?

A

Anonymous

I'm considering the R Series in a 5.1 home cinema set up (R700's,R600 Centre and R800 Dipoles) but would also be interested in their music abilities. Here's hoping some people (including the person you've repeatedly mentioned!:wave: ) come forward.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
From the short time I heard them, they sounded very well (much better than the XQ series they replaced). Very detailed, revealing and clear without being bright, with deep controlled bass.

IMO They would make for a good choice for a mixture of AV and 2 channel.

SteveR750

Cno, I have not heard either mysef, but the nice chaps at Sevenoaks in cheltenham told me that the R500 was a stunningly good £1500 speaker, and was only impressively close to the 205/2 and had many of the more expensive models charateristics.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I did start on a reply Cno, but I soon realised that it's not going to be a short reply, and that to properly highlight the differences, some of the technology needs explaining (not to those familiar with KEF, but for the benefit of those reading that aren't). Ill need to be in THE zone for this one :rofl: So if you can bear with me, I'll prepare a reply which I'll post up tomorrow or Thursday, depending how busy tomorrow is :)

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I did start on a reply Cno, but I soon realised that it's not going to be a short reply, and that to properly highlight the differences, some of the technology needs explaining (not to those familiar with KEF, but for the benefit of those reading that aren't). Ill need to be in THE zone for this one :rofl: So if you can bear with me, I'll prepare a reply which I'll post up tomorrow or Thursday, depending how busy tomorrow is :)
War and peace coming too you soooon ! :rofl:

A

Anonymous

after all that :type: you hav'nt accidently deleted it have you? lol..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
CnoEvil said:
Helmut80 said:
Safe to say that at this point, anything short of a PhD thesis will be an utter disappointment.

:rofl: As I said.....NO PRESSURE! (says a disconnected voice from the spirit world)

Think of all those Peachtree crumbs you'll have to scrape off the walls...lol

That'll be someone else's job....I'm still out there....way way out there (in another dimension)!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts