Kef R 100; upgrade over Monitor Audio RX 1S?(paired with Marantz SR7005 receiver)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I had the MA RX1S which i found harsh on certian vocals and high frequencies.

I am looking to buy the R100s; would these be smoother and clearer?

I have Audioquest rocket 33 bi wire cables and Marantz SR7005 receiver

cheers

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I have learnt the hard way.....you need to try and get a demo with you amp in your room to audition!

After 2/3 impulse purchases the speakers I now have I never ever thought of entertaining! Always found MA all boom & tizz!

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If the R100 is anything like the LS 50 then I think they won't sound harsh at all, but then again, my amp is rather sweetly voiced.

In my system the LS 50 is a big upgrade from ATC SCM 11 which I found lacking air in the treble and being a bit too shy on bass.

A

Anonymous

I think The LS are 200 quid more expensive so you would think the R100s are not quite up t that level? Then again price does not always equal quality does it? £500 speakers can sound better than some that are 900 etc

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
mpapo said:
If the R100 is anything like the LS 50 then I think they won't sound harsh at all, but then again, my amp is rather sweetly voiced.

In my system the LS 50 is a big upgrade from ATC SCM 11 which I found lacking air in the treble and being a bit too shy on bass.

Did you listen to the 201s with the HK?

I can see why you liked the LS50.....good job.

mpapo

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, didn't listen to them, the owner wanted a higher price for them in the end than what he was originally asking & I was no longer interested.

The LS 50 are a fine alternative I think

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts