News Kef LS50 wireless speakers £1199 brand new at PeterTyson

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
So he's lost £200 on someone ordering them and sending them back after playing with them for a few days. Who'd be a retailer these days?
I'm sure there's still margin there, but it's not a fun time to be selling anything other than online.

Excuse me digressing from the OP but online is the problem. Distance selling regs. Anyone can buy anything and back it <14 days later for any reason at all. Its basically 'free home demos, for everyone' and someone has to pay for this at the end of the day

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Excuse me digressing from the OP but online is the problem. Distance selling regs. Anyone can buy anything and back it <14 days later for any reason at all. Its basically 'free home demos, for everyone' and someone has to pay for this at the end of the day
And they can always change their terms and say they must be brand new unopened if returned if they want to.

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
And they can always change their terms and say they must be brand new unopened if returned if they want to.

Unfortunately they can't. For all internet sales distance selling regulations permit a return for any reason including change of mind within 14 days and a full refund, including the original price of shipping and an open box would not change this.

So not only do you have to provide a free rental service as an online retailer, you also have to pay the transport costs to do it. Who'd be a retailer these days indeed....

Unfortunately they can't. For all internet sales distance selling regulations permit a return for any reason including change of mind within 14 days and a full refund, including the original price of shipping and an open box would not change this.

So not only do you have to provide a free rental service as an online retailer, you also have to pay the transport costs to do it. Who'd be a retailer these days indeed....
I wasn’t aware that it was so skewed to the customer’s benefit, but I’m sure online is the future, even if the bricks and mortar stores are retained for display and demo purposes.

Reactions: Longchops
D

Deleted member 2457

Not all retailers say this in their terms though.

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
I wasn’t aware that it was so skewed to the customer’s benefit, but I’m sure online is the future, even if the bricks and mortar stores are retained for display and demo purposes.

I think both online/brick and mortar are still necessary tbh. Its v hard to buy certain stuff online. Expensive hifi equipment that you can't hear before it turns up on your doorstep is definitely one of them (as OP discovered, and also brings this thread nicely back on topic) but there are many others too.

Not all retailers say this in their terms though.

They can put whatever they want in their terms, but the legislation will always take priority over their T+Cs. As a customer I am perfectly entitled to return a product I bought online after 13 days because it is blue and I don't like blue things on a tuesday. The law simply doesn't care how ridiculous my reasons for return are, its so badly thought out!

In practise there's very few people that abuse return systems like this and its often a drop in the bucket for big retailers. But its a major kick in the teeth for smaller sellers. Especially for niche high value products. As you can see an open box drops the price by a lot for this sort of stuff......

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 108165

In practise there's very few people that abuse return systems like this and its often a drop in the bucket for big retailers. But its a major kick in the teeth for smaller sellers. Especially for niche high value products. As you can see an open box drops the price by a lot for this sort of stuff......
There are some on here who abuse this terribly without a second thought for the retailer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts