KEF LS50 Wireless II pairing drops out constantly

Dafadau

Jun 7, 2021
Visit site
I've just received my KEF LS50 Wireless II and when they work, they sound great... however, the pairing between speakers constantly drops out every few seconds or so - the secondary speaker crackles and cuts out.

I've tried swapping the speakers around, and even if I place them physically next to each other, it still happens. Have tried swapping router channels and everything else. Wired mode works fine, but that's not why I got them.

Gray

Once you rule out anything obvious (such as any local interference source?) sounds like they need to go back.
If you bought them from a dealer, he should be able to see a problem that occurs every few seconds.
Unless anyone has a better idea, not much else you can do.

That's what I'm thinking sadly. I've removed/disabled every nearby source of possible interference and no luck.
That’s what I would have looked at too. Things like PC chargers, Homeplug extenders, Dect phone chargers, and other wall wart devices can create noise that messes with wireless signals.
Other than switching everything off and starting over - Ctrl + Alt + Del, you might say - I’d be reverting to my dealer/supplier. I hope you get a solution.

Dafadau

Jun 7, 2021
Visit site
Turned off everything electrical and moved the mesh access points that was about 2m away, some improvement - it only drops out when I first turn it on, and has been ok for about an hour now.

Last edited:

manicm

I've just received my KEF LS50 Wireless II and when they work, they sound great... however, the pairing between speakers constantly drops out every few seconds or so - the secondary speaker crackles and cuts out.

I've tried swapping the speakers around, and even if I place them physically next to each other, it still happens. Have tried swapping router channels and everything else. Wired mode works fine, but that's not why I got them.

I know you want the convenience of complete wireless, but wiring the speakers to each other gives you the advantage of native 24/192 playback i.e. no downsampling when playing said files.

Personally I think 24/192 is just too much for most wifi networks.

RoA

Feb 11, 2021
Visit site
I have them wired but did use them wireless in the larger room. No issues either way.

Streaming 24/192 should not be an issue with all but the slowest networks.

Can you try them at someone else's house to eliminate speaker fault?

Dafadau

Jun 7, 2021
Visit site
Two days of decent operation after moving all of my mesh access points.

Worse wifi coverage, but the speakers are working! Does anyone know the details of the wireless connection they run between each other?

2xcess

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Two days of decent operation after moving all of my mesh access points.

Worse wifi coverage, but the speakers are working! Does anyone know the details of the wireless connection they run between each other?

Hi @Dafadau - my experience is similar. I too have a mesh wifi network, a 3 node TP-LINK M9+, one node in the listening room. When using the speakers in their wireless connection mode I get dropouts at the start of the listening session, you can see the pairing LED light at the back and top panel flash each time it happens, then go steady when it reconnects. If I leave it it may drop and reconnect, possibly 2 or 3 times sometimes, but then becomes stable. It is as if the speakers are looking for an interference-free channel each time they come out of standby. Now that I know that this behaviour is temporary it does not bother me so much, even less now as I have connected them via ethernet cable which was always my preferred connection method, likely more stable and allows 24bit/192kHz playback. Regardless of my preferred connection method, I did want to be sure that the speakers did not have a fault and performed as they should with a wireless connection mode employed.

Steve.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dafadau

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts