KEF LS50 WIRELESS (1ST VERSION) & QOBUZ

spirosgon

Nov 22, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys,

Glad to be a part of this nice forum.

I 've the KEF LS 50 WIRELESS (first version) just for streaming spotify via the latter's connect feature, in wifi mode.

I recently also subscribed to Qobuz for getting this his-res stuff of this platform. Unfortunately, KEF's app doesn't support Qobuz and the connect feature of Qobuz native app cannot recognize, over wifi, the KEFs.

I had to install BubbleUPnP and pay a few euros for the license. However, the experience is awful because of many drops, long delays in connecting, etc.

Is there any other solution ?

Thnx in advance & Best regards.

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
I have the LS50W 1st Gen and I use Qobuz all day long with Audirvana on my Mac, connected to the USB input (much much better than the Kef app, I have compared with Tidal through both setups). No drops, no lags, everything works like a charm, Audirvana handles all the playlists etc.

I use an old Macbook Air which sits next to the speakers, but sometimes I connect directly to my Mac Mini 5 or 6 meters away. Audirvana has a very useful 'remote' app which lets you drive your remote player from anywhere on your phone or your tablet (Kef Control will let you manage the settings, tone control, subwoofer, etc, separately)

My only word of caution would be to use a good usb cable (eg Audioquest Pearl, or Qed Performance) to get the best of your speakers and the bets of Qobuz.

Unfortunately Audirvana have changed their pricing model to a subscription model a few months ago, but maybe you can test in a trial period.

Good luck, have fun!

spirosgon

Nov 22, 2021
Visit site
Thnx for the kind response my dear !

i have an android smartphone and my PC is wind10. Hnece, I cannot try audio nirvana.

Then, I 'd like to keep the setup minimal, with just the kef's in wifi mode.

I have read your posts about the superiority of the usb input and I 'm tempted to get an ifi stream of something, so that I won't need laptops, etc.

The best solution, for me, would be that KEF would include qobuz in her app (although I don;t believe that they 'll do for this model, since the IIs are out for a year and all their attention is on them.

Reactions: EricLeRouge

EricLeRouge

Jan 15, 2020
Visit site
Thnx for the kind response my dear !

i have an android smartphone and my PC is wind10. Hnece, I cannot try audio nirvana.

Then, I 'd like to keep the setup minimal, with just the kef's in wifi mode.

I have read your posts about the superiority of the usb input and I 'm tempted to get an ifi stream of something, so that I won't need laptops, etc.

The best solution, for me, would be that KEF would include qobuz in her app (although I don;t believe that they 'll do for this model, since the IIs are out for a year and all their attention is on them.

I think Audirvana works on Windows as well, but you are correct, it is not as straightforward as having the app implemented, and having more cables is not ideal.

In any event, let us know how you progress and what setup you select eventually.

Cheers

Eric

Reactions: spirosgon

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts