KEF LS50 stand Question..

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

80s boy said:
just purchased the Custom Design FS104 Signature black/chrome speaker stands and have to say they compliment the ls50's beuitfullly as well as making the speakers sound superb. 80's boy :dance:

What size faceplate did you get?

A

Anonymous

Trnbl

I went for the 220 x 260 base plate with the 165 x 180 top plate and have to say the kefs sit on the stands perfectly.

80s boy

A

Anonymous

80s boy said:
Trnbl I went for the 220 x 260 base plate with the 165 x 180 top plate and have to say the kefs sit on the stands perfectly. 80s boy

That's great, thanks for the reply. Don't suppose there's a chance you could post a pic so I can get an idea of how they look together?

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

80's boy, would you be kind enough to post a pic of LS50 with the stand?

Just wanna see whether it look good before deciding to buy.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

ls50

im not sure how to post pickies on the website

if anyone knows perhaps they can help me.

80s boy

A

Anonymous

80's boy,

Did u insert any filler into the center column?

sorry, i myself do not know how to post pic.

Anyone can guide 80's boy to post pic?

A

Anonymous

Ls50

i used childrens play sand and filled all 5 columns on each stand it only took me about an hour to build and fill the stands. :clap:

im sorry i cannot post you a pickie but trust me the speakers and stands look fantastic together its almost like the stands were designed for the speakers.

hope this helps

80s boy

michael hoy

80s boy said:
Ls50 i used childrens play sand and filled all 5 columns on each stand it only took me about an hour to build and fill the stands. :clap: im sorry i cannot post you a pickie but trust me the speakers and stands look fantastic together its almost like the stands were designed for the speakers. hope this helps 80s boy

See this link on forum posting

michael hoy

lazyhazysparky said:
Afternoon all,

I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations about speaker stands for the KEF LS50's?

I saw these on a youtube clip from the CEDIA 2012 show, but am struggling to identify them?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndHLZQmCpmY

Ladies and gents? any idea, or alternative stands maybe. All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Did you see the details I posted from KEF and the website for the stands.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
80s boy said:
it makes me wonder if buying stands @ around the £200 mark is going to make much difference to the sound im going to need some major persuading for me to spend that much.

Any high quality speaker will need a good foundation on which to work. To allow the drivers to do what they've been designed to do, the stand needs to keep the speaker dead still. In this respect, it doesn't matter whether the stand is heavy or light, more that it is stable. How heavy a stand is or needs to be will depend on the speaker. Some speakers work better on heavy stands, some on light stands.

Try loosening the spikes on your stand so that the stand is wobbly and listen to something with a heavy bassline, then tighten them up and try it again :)

Next week I should have the Custom Design 103 and 104 in to try against the Atacama HMS1.1's, Apollo AZ's, and the B&W CM stands (which are very good).
Any thing to report Monsuier ?.......:)

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
I'll be trying the Custom Design stands (103 and 104) within the next couple of weeks, and it'll be interesting to see how they compare to the Atacama HMS2's and Apollo AZ stands - especially the latter, as KEF themselves recommended a heavy stand.

Did you get around to trying the above stands ? :)

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Sorry, we were just too busy over the Christmas period. Unfortunately, the stands weren't filled, and I feel their footprint is a little small to be stable enough with a speaker like the LS50 with its central column being filled. That is what I like about the Atacamas - they have quite a large footprint, so don't have to be filled unless preferred. The Apollo AZ's are good stands, and I'm guessing would be better than the FS104 "out of the box" due to being pre-filled, but again, a smaller footprint, and I don't find them as stable as the HMS2's.

A

Anonymous

I've had my LS50's sat on the following:

Atacama Nexus 6i's - mass loaded with 4kg of atabites in each

Partington Super Dreadnoughts (again with 4kg opf atabites in each)

Partington Broadsides (with 6kg of atabites in each)

Atacama HMS 1.1's and 2'1's (again with 4-6kg of atabites in each)

Found that the LS50s, to me, sounded the best on the Nexus 6i's and Partington Dreadnoughts...!

The rest went back (or sold 2nd hand) and I've stuck with the Nexus 6i's!

They sound fantastic on them; with them mass loaded its really hellped the bass depth and punch and made it night and tight/agile...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts