KEF LS50 stand Question..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

The problem is I need stands that are about 100cm. Maybe Nexus 10i then?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
e_kjellgren said:
The problem is I need stands that are about 100cm. Maybe Nexus 10i then?

I would look at something a bit more substantial than the Nexus. The LS50's are heavy speakers, and you'll need something pretty stable. Look for something with a large column or a number of columns than can be sand filled to add ballast and make them more stable. A larger bottom plate will also make for a more stable platform.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
The LS50 will have it's own dedicated stands coming out shortly. They will retail at £300.

Anyone else heard about these, or got any info on them?

Dont know why, but I love speakers that have matching stands, makes me want them all the more :doh:

A

Anonymous

David

looking forward to your thoughts on the stands your going to try out and which ones you recommend for the ls50s.

if its true about that kef are going to release a set of stands designed for for the ls50s there going to have to be special if they are going to cost £300.

let us know your results, cheers

80s boy

ps the speakers are improving everyday they really are special arn't they :)

jjbomber

You can ring AudioT in Swansea where Nick will bore you to tears talking about the stands for the LS50. He talked to me for 15 minutes about them lunchtime today and I was ordering a UnitiLite. If I'd been ordering the speakers I might still be there on Christmas Day :rofl:

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
jjbomber said:
The LS50 will have it's own dedicated stands coming out shortly. They will retail at £300. I heard the LS50s this morning on a Heed amplifier and Bryston CD player. Amazing sound and the speakers are stunning to look at.
''Spill the beans'' , Who's your informer ? :shifty:

A

Anonymous

Whats your recommended measurements for the base and top plate?

I see that Apollo A3 is 23 x 23 cm / 15 x 13 cm (base / top) and AZ is 23 x 26 / 15 x 13.

Atacama SL1000 is 31 x 31 / 23 x 23.

The LS50's are 20 x 28, so where do you draw the line for the top plate being too narrow or wide?

/Evert

A

Anonymous

Dear LS50 fans,

There seems to be a lot of speculation and excitement about us making a dedicated stand for the LS50s. At this moment in time there are no plans to produce a dedicated stand. If this is to change in the future, I'm sure What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision will be among the first to highlight the news.

There are some really good stand suggestions in this post. At KEF we use a variety of stands and don't favour one particular brand. After all, there is such a variety available that even we have to select, test and audition stands that we feel bring out the best in the speakers. All we’d like to suggest is that you continue to discuss the options with your local KEF retailer (or on here) and lean on their expert knowledge and hours of listening experience to help guide you in your quest to seek out a stand that suits your own preferences.

Good luck!

KEF

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
Link to stands (used at CEDIA)

Boh, Bello!

81bea608-c2ca-48c7-a5fa-9f21b5cababa_625x352.jpg

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
The B&W stands aren't overly heavy (unless filled) but they're are very solid and stable. I'm expecting these and the Custom Design stands to outperform the Apollo AZ's and even the Atacama HMS stands. It'll be interesting to see how the heavier stands compare to the lighter ones.

Any thing to report or update David ?..........:read:

A

Anonymous

Hi,

The FS104 comes in 2 top plate sizes: 165x180mm or 190x240mm.

The LS50s are listed as 200x278mm.

Could somebody explain which would be better? Does it have an audio quality impact or is it purely visual?

Has anybody paired the KEFs with these stands yet? If so which size?

Many Thanks

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Trnbl said:
Hi,

The FS104 comes in 2 top plate sizes: 165x180mm or 190x240mm.

The LS50s are listed as 200x278mm.

Could somebody explain which would be better? Does it have an audio quality impact or is it purely visual?

Has anybody paired the KEFs with these stands yet? If so which size?

Many Thanks

I'd have thought the 190 x 240 would be the better option........:)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Any reason why it would be better in your opinion?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi said:
e_kjellgren said:
What do you think of Atacama SL 1000? The top plate is 225 wide, and the LS50's are 200 wide. Will that look strange?

We have SL600's on demo, but the top plate is a little large for the LS50's. I have Atacama HMS2's at home, and they are just the right size, although I am liking the smaller profile of the FS103/FS104's.

How about the HMS1's then?

/Evert

Sorry for asking a naive question, as I've never owned a modern speaker stand: Is there really much difference between any price compatible dedicated stands?

The one I heard with DB1i was the Kudos 50s, around £200 retail, and they sounded mightliy good to me.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I think it would depend on the construction of the stand. Some will be designed to be light but rigid, others will be designed to use it's mass. I've found that these two types of stand can favour specific speakers.

A

Anonymous

just purchased the Custom Design FS104 Signature black/chrome speaker stands and have to say

they compliment the ls50's beuitfullly as well as making the speakers sound superb.

80's boy
:dance:

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
80s boy said:
just purchased the Custom Design FS104 Signature black/chrome speaker stands and have to say they compliment the ls50's beuitfullly as well as making the speakers sound superb. 80's boy :dance:

How do you think the fs104's contributed too the Kef's performance ? :)

A

Anonymous

well the mid and highs seem to be less in your face and the seperation is better and the bass seems to be more weighty and rythmical.

mind you it could all be a placebo after spending £220 im wishing,longing for them sound better. :pray:

but at least they look good with the ls50's ;)

80s boy

TRENDING THREADS