Kef LS50 - Questions on S/Q and room placement! (Should I buy them?)

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Dommer

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on your new purchase! Hope you enjoy the LS50s. I was very close to getting a pair myself, but was worried that they didn't have front grills and would get damaged by my kids. I auditioned both and did go for the kef R100s which although not as detailed, sound very good with my unitiQute and NAP100.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Jota180 said:
They arrived this afternoon and the first surprise is how heavy the things are. They are replacing a tired old pair of B&W DM303's and they feel like they're made of cardboard in comparison.

So, KEF's on stands and music on, I'm 'flicking' through my collection, all ripped to FLAC on a NAS trying out all the genre's I can think of and the first two things that hit you are clarity, I did think that would be a given, the surprising thing was the bass weight. I didn't expect that from those little drivers. There's real weight and it's tight and tuneful.

Voices are very special through these little speakers but it's the way everything hangs together that makes them special.

I had read these were more suited to jazz and classical, well AC/DC hasn't sounded this good in my house since, ever!

They've handled everything I've thrown at them with ease on the end of a Unitiqute 2 and NAP 100.

I'm delighted you like them.

:cheers:

sarinfuhrers

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Interesting, I also owned both LS50(2012) and Zensor 1(2011). Despite quarter the price of LS50, I agree with you, Zensor 1 is quite good.

However, for extra money, LS50 improves in many key areas. Bass goes deeper and tonality is much more balance compared to Zensor1.Zensor 1 treble seems hotter and quite fatiguing .

Simply put, everytime we(my wife) hear music through Zensor1, she asked for LS50 because every music thru LS50 is more sweet and lucid. After sometime with LS50 she usually fall asleep on my lap*biggrin*.that tell something right. Worth it*dirol*

Fav album/musican->omar akram-echoes of love,George Washington Jr,shelby lynn,daft punk RAM,Audiophile voice vol.4,ingram washington-what a different a day makes.

Eq->Creek 50a,Audiolab 8200cd

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts