Kef ls50 meta cone cracking

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Edbostan

Aug 5, 2021
Replacement is relatively easy apparently, 6 screws behind the logo ring on the outer surface of the face and then spade connects. Regarding the damaged drivers I am not expecting to see any visible damage as the speakers have played perfectly during the whole episode and without pointing out the damage you really wouldn't know there had been any . They sound as good as new or my ears have deteriorated to a point where I can't here anything different 😄🦻
You may have stumbled across a new cone design. All it needs for Kef to test it and incorporate it in the latest model.

rayolight

Jul 21, 2021
Final update to this thread,speakers arrived to day and fitted with no issues. All now working fine.
Would like to put on record my thanks and appreciation to Beverly and Andy at KEF, for accepting my comments in good faith, that I genuinely did not believe that I had overdriven the speakers and they had definitely not been thwacked. Andy20220802_171424.jpg20220802_171311.jpg was particularly surprised after suggesting I get a subwoofer, when I informed him I already had an SVS PB2000 sub on my system.
Anyway, all now working fine, hopefully no more hiccups in the future. Would like to thank all for your valued comments Even the ("It must have been thwacked") ones. Though if I had knowingly damaged the speaker I would never have broadcast it on a thread. Also like to thank Matt Spandl at Acoustic Energy for recommending the glue ,which worked really well 😀.

Attachments

Last edited:
Final update to this thread,speakers arrived to day and fitted with no issues. All now working fine.
Would like to put on record my thanks and appreciation to Beverly and Andy at KEF, for accepting my comments in good faith, that I genuinely did not believe that I had overdriven the speakers and they had definitely not been thwacked. Andy was particularly surprised after suggesting I get a subwoofer, when I informed him I already had an SVS PB2000 sub on my system.
Anyway, all now working fine, hopefully no more hiccups in the future. Would like to thank all for your valued comments Even the ("It must have been thwacked") ones. Though if I had knowingly damaged the speaker I would never have broadcast it on a thread. Also like to thank Matt Spandl at Acoustic Energy for recommending the glue ,which worked really well 😀.
Glad it turned out as it did for you in the long run and always good to see people named when they have been helpful

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts