KEF LS50 Actives anyone?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ErwinC said:
What do they mean with the statement that the active LS50 contains a "streaming pre-amplifier"?

Is streaming functionality from a NAS (DLNA) available in the active LS50?
That hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm trying to get more detail in what they can do, or maybe do in the future.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
ErwinC said:
What do they mean with the statement that the active LS50 contains a "streaming pre-amplifier"?

Is streaming functionality from a NAS (DLNA) available in the active LS50?
That hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm trying to get more detail in what they can do, or maybe do in the future.

Thanks David, that would be very interesting.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
It'll be in the app, but at this point we don't know too much about the app and what its capabilities are.

It's a pitty that there is no user manual for the app on the KEF website.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ErwinC said:
David@FrankHarvey said:
It'll be in the app, but at this point we don't know too much about the app and what its capabilities are.
It's a pitty that there is no user manual for the app on the KEF website.
I suppose it boils down to cost and licencing. Do you pay that, bump up an already not inconsiderable amount of money to add the feature in? Particularly when the majority of people are already using something of some description to stream already? You then have to continually spend money maintaining and improving the streaming aspect of the app, which could affect performance whenever Apple or Windows inflict a software update on the user.

S

SemiChronic

Im so looking forward to the upcoming AVI vs KEF active knicker twisting and hair pulling.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
David@FrankHarvey said:
I want to know what options are in the "expert" section of the set up app...

Perhaps something similar to the like of these...

yamaha%20screen%201_zpsjln514wm.jpg
yamaha%20sceen%202_zpsfwa6a0ei.jpg
yamaha%20screen%203_zpsqegthfma.jpg
yamaha%20screen%204_zpsovg0i0tl.jpg
yamaha%20screen%205_zpsb0bqb7kn.jpg

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
drummerman said:
Over at PFM, one member went to the 'Indulgence Show' where, amongst many others, Kef demonstrated the LS50A.

Not a brilliant first impression but it seems to go hand-in-hand with the usual active traits of control.

Head over to:

http://audiophilemusings.blogspot.co.uk/

not much one can take away from that short comment other than the fact that going active didn't miraculously change them into speaker he loved or that were that much more impressive (it sounds like he prefers them with other amplification).

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
daveh75 said:
PFM are hardly their target audience...

I would have thought anyone with £2k to spend is their target.

I wouldn't read much into it either but he/they have actually heard them.

We haven't.

That's all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts