Keeping the Mrs happy!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

scene

Anderson said:
When you describe showing an interest, I assume you mean feigning interest????

I would say no in my case - show a real interest.

If you a feign an interest, sooner or later the lie will get found out. If your other half if interested in something that you don't like, try to understand what it about that thing that they are interested in. Even if you're never going to be that interested in it, you are showing a real interest. Hopefully, they will reciprocate and try to understand why you spend your life trying to work out whether the red or blue cables give your music a bigger soundstage *biggrin*

A

Anderson

scene said:
Anderson said:
When you describe showing an interest, I assume you mean feigning interest????

I would say no in my case - show a real interest.

If you a feign an interest, sooner or later the lie will get found out. If your other half if interested in something that you don't like, try to understand what it about that thing that they are interested in. Even if you're never going to be that interested in it, you are showing a real interest. Hopefully, they will reciprocate and try to understand why you spend your life trying to work out whether the red or blue cables give your music a bigger soundstage *biggrin*

She thinks I'm nuts anyway, even without considering HiFi related matters. She took great delight in telling people how much I had spent on speakers then following up with "and he can't even use them because he needs to buy an amp whatever that is" Ha

My problem with her is that if I'm not looking at her then I don't hear her, so I've I'm playing a game or something and she tries to talk to me she thinks im ignoring her but I literally do not hear her.

SteveR750

Headphones are a good compromise. I bought mine after living alone during the week for last 5 years, and just moved in with my mrs (to be). If she wants to watch TV that I don't, on go the phones and we're both happy. The hi fi and the TV are in the same room, so it's one or the other. The only man cave in our house is my wine "cellar", for which I definitely own the hypothetical keys to!

AntAxon

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi SteveR750, yes I thought that getting wireless headphones would solve the problem. Mind you I've just spent a lot of cash decorating my man cave in 1960s style with a mural of The Beatles Abbey Road, Beatles Picture Albums and tour posters covering the walls. Its a little piece of Heaven.

Any views on wireless headphones?

SteveR750

AntAxon said:
Hi SteveR750, yes I thought that getting wireless headphones would solve the problem. Mind you I've just spent a lot of cash decorating my man cave in 1960s style with a mural of The Beatles Abbey Road, Beatles Picture Albums and tour posters covering the walls. Its a little piece of Heaven.

Any views on wireless headphones?

None worth considering. I've never considered them to be good enough, based on some early reviews, and never bothered checking threm again years later. You cave sounds like the real deal. Have you got a zebra crossing outside your house too??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts