KDL40D3000 with RDRHXD870B DVD Recorder / Hard Disk Drive - any good?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've finally taken the HDTV plunge and I've purchased a package from Empire Direct which inludes the following : - KDL40D3000 - Sony RDRHXD870B DVD Recorder / Hard Disk Drive - Alphason glass TV stand - Additional 3 year warranty All for £899. Bargain I think? Compared to what I was seeing in the shops. I don't get the goods until Thursday but was wondering how the RDRHXD870B DVD Recorder performs as I've not done much research on it. I'm also a bit confused with the tuner in the 870, will I be able to watch another channel whilst recording? I don't have an analogue signal, only freeview. Also Is anyone using the 870 with the 40D3000? Thanks!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Perfectly sound package. Yes, you can watch another channel while recording using the TV's internal tuners. If you can receive Freeview, you can get analogue too, by the way...

A

Anonymous

That's an excellent package you've got there! I'm envious! Where did you purchase it from?

I've no experience of using the 870 with that TV but I know that both products are excellent!

A

Anonymous

Hi Rzeznik

Here's the link http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~PKG-SON-KDL40D3000U-3.htm

Here's the codes you need to enter when you add it to your cart.

Code: EM3694
Username: 10percentoff

Click update basket when you've entered the codes, however it looks like it has no effect on the price on the price as nothing changes, all you then need to do is proceed to checkout and the discount should now be showing.

Do you have an empire direct card? This is how you get the 3 year warranty, if not and you want the warranty, you need to add the card to the same basket as your TV and it will then show you have a 3 year warranty on the checkout page.

Hope this helps? It worked yesterday - not sure if it will work today?

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Perfectly sound package. Yes, you can watch another channel while recording using the TV's internal tuners. If you can receive Freeview, you can get analogue too, by the way...

[/quote]

Cheers Andrew,

Was hoping you would say it was sound package!

Can't wait!!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Rzeznik"]
Let us know what you think of the two in operation :O)
[/quote]

I will do no probs. Can't wait for them to arrive.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Rzeznik"]

Let us know what you think of the two in operation :O)

[/quote]

I've got the KDL32D3000 hooked up to the RDRHXD970B via HDMI (slightly different to the configuration in the question) but it fair blows my trousers off with excitement when I'm watching movies on it (no, not those kind of movies)

So if its anything like that, then I have no doubt he'll be suitably impressed!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts