KDL 40W4000u...Simple query..

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
hi...have been trying to sus out the new technology re New TV.....I understand that i'd be best off with 1080...and 100Hz...I looked at a number of makes.....liked this Sony...but cant seem to confirm if it's 100Hz or not ant ideas? thanks ian

matthewpiano

The W4000 is NOT 100Hz. It is, like all Sony 40" models, Full 1080 HD.

For 100Hz you need to move up to the W4500, although these are now in very short supply due to the new range coming out in March.

ipri

Feb 10, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that M. I'm a bit lost to be honest....looked at a Samsung le40A686M1...but the rear speakers put me off.......any recomendations for around £800 to £900 mark? ian

Ps..looking at other posts I see a ? problem with LCD's...? "Clouding" is this a real problem?

matthewpiano

Yes, it can be a drawback of LCD technology. The best approach is to find the set you like and buy it from a good retailer. Then, if you have any issues, you'll get looked after properly. I've seen very very few backlight problems and I've sold huge numbers of sets, but it is an issue to be aware of.

The 40W4000 is an excellent set. I would certainly try and look at one and see what you think, although if you watch a lot of sports the 100Hz is very useful.

There are lots of great sets out there but, to be honest, I'd probably be inclined to wait for the new ranges in March/April.

matthewpiano

ipri:Mathew...have found this at M&S for£799.....any good? Sony Bravia 40'' KDL-40V4000 HD Ready LCD TV ian

The V4000 is the model below the W4000. It has an older 8-bit panel (the W4000 uses a 10-bit one) and loses the USB connectivity and newer PS3-style menus. Its a good, solid TV but £799 seems a bit steep for that set to be honest, even with a 5 year warranty.

Rorschach

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
Some of the sony sets are immensely expensive. What Tv and Video Direct not far from me have got the sony 46v4000 for £1249.00 i think it came with a 5 year warranty, can't remember, that's a huge sum to pay for the lowest spec sony tv.

Thanks, Rorschach.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts