Just played a CD (First time in 2 years)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
When I bought the M-CR603 (about 10 months ago) I played about 30 seconds of a randomly selected disc to ensure the player worked and that sound was coming from both speakers. Not played any more CDs since.

Before that i'd had a Naim CD5i player that spent about a year in it's box before being sold (because I was using a DAC and music stored on the computer instead). I tested the CD5i before selling it to ensure everything worked ok. But, again, it was only a few seconds of each track - from a random disc - to ensure it all functioned well before sale.

So it is almost two years since I actually sat down to listen to a whole CD!

I have bought quite a few CDs in that time, but they all got ripped to iTunes (in Apple lossless) and then stored away.

Today I bought this...

51mHrMMybkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

...and played it on my M-CR603's CD player first (because the wife was doing something on the Mac where I keep my lossless music).

It sounded great!

I might even use this function a bit more often. (I have never thrown any CDs away after ripping them.)

It sounds just a tiny bit better than Lossless via AirPlay.

I reached another 'milestone' just now. First time in (much) longer than two years that I have not only played a whole CD, but put another one in straight away afterwards!

OMG! Am I becoming a 'traditionalist'?

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I say, CD slightly better than lossless (cover your eyes, JD). That's interesting.

My sentence included the word 'AirPlay' along with lossless.

It might be different if my iMac had an optical digital cable directly connected to the M-CR603.

(And I haven't done any direct comparisons. That would be boring and pointless.)

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
SteveR750 said:
Don't ever throw your discs away after ripping them, apart from the obvious madness, it would mean your ripped copies would become illegal.

I have never done so and don't plan to.

Aside from the legalities (and regular system backups) the physical CD represents another - last ditch - archive. They are all stored away in CD boxes on shelves in the under-stairs cupboard. Nice and cool and dry.

A

Anonymous

SteveR750 said:
Don't ever throw your discs away after ripping them, apart from the obvious madness, it would mean your ripped copies would become illegal.
hee heee heee
cheers.gif

John Duncan

oldric_naubhoff said:
John Duncan said:
SteveR750 said:

Your ripped copies are already illegal...

where is this world heading?............. :help: :wall: :read:

Away from the illegality of copies for personal use, luckily, but not right this minute.

SteveR750

John Duncan said:
oldric_naubhoff said:
John Duncan said:
SteveR750 said:

Your ripped copies are already illegal...

where is this world heading?............. :help: :wall: :read:

Away from the illegality of copies for personal use, luckily, but not right this minute.

It is headed that way right this minute, just the train is still leaving the station maybes

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts