Just Got the New BT Smart Hub aka HomeHub 6

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
It's a damn good one, range is excellent can now get 68Mb's all over the house [all brick walls]. 77Mb's in the Lounge 5metres from the router.As opposed to 37 and 74 with HH4.Anyone else tried it out yet?

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Not a Fan of Sky BB. [Past experience of them] On the other hand, Just had an email from Virgin who told me that their FTTP cable will be installed in my Village in a few months time. If it's a 100 meg + I may well have a dabble.For now though I have a reliable BT Service and for once a cracking good Free Router.
regular_smile.gif

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Connection speed and wireless range have never been a problem in the two years since I switched to BT and got a HH5. What initially was a problem was its tendency to drop its connection sometimes several times a day. I fought with the BT noHelpline (who are always overseas with a poor grasp of both English and the subject matter) who blamed it on my phones and interference from the house's additional socket, even though it was installed by a BT engineer. Presumably the average IQ of their customers is about 46 if this fobbing-off makes most complainants go away. Only when I threatened to remove my custom just a month into the contract did they get it sorted. It still drops off a couple of times a week. But that's a huge improvement on how it was.

The answer would appear to be cable, but I'm part of the 50% of the population which doesn't have it, and probably won't get it 'til hell freezes over. They had a blitz on cabling my area in the late 1990s, getting within 250yds of my house in every direction. Then stopped. And that's the way it's been ever since.

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
Major,I haven't fortunately had to call them much[touch wood] but when I did it was diabolical as you say.Anyway you might like to know that BT have finally seen the error of their ways. Read this article
BT hires 1,000 UK staff after complaints over Indian call centres ...www.theguardian.com › Business › BT18 Jan 2016 - BT's Indian call centre staff are expected to be moved into positions that do not involve talking to customers. Photograph: Andy Rain/EPA. At the moment 80% of all calls including evenings and weekends will be handled by UK Based Staff.They will receive 100hrs + training before being let loose.The aim is to acheive 100% uk customer service by April 2017. Thank God for That.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts