Just got a new HRT Headstreamer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just got a new DAC!

So far I've only used it with my cheap 2.0 desktop speakers. but it's making a noticeable difference - can't wait to get home and try it with my headphones.

One thing I found was that the PC was only outputting 44.1K sample rate even when playing music recorded at 96k. I fixed this (in Windows 7) by:

1) Go to Control Panel and select Sounds

2) On the playback tab find the entry that co-responds to your DAC - mine says Speakers - Headstreamer and select it then click properties

3) You can change the icon here for cosmetics - then select the advanced tab

4) Change the sample rate from the default 44.1k to 96k

John

A

Anonymous

Ooooh, nice. Do report in when you get some headphone testing in....
smiley-smile.gif
smiley-smile.gif

quadpatch

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Any chance of an update on your thoughts on this DAC, do you have any others to compare it to Johna11?

I am considering this one at the moment hence my new post about it vs other similarly priced rivals.

PS. Have you tried the ASIO driver or WASAPI component add-on for Foobar or similar? That eliminates the need to change the sample rate in Windows and enables bit-perfect audio streams... apparently.

A

Anonymous

The Headstreamer combined with the K601s is amazing.

I sat up half the night listening to track after track finding all sorts of stuff I'd never noticed before.

Everything from Amy Winehouse to Beethoven sounds so much better.

Drums are much sharper - more Bang than Woof. Vocals are clearer. Strange quiet instruments appear as individuals.

I'm afraid I don't have anything to compare it with apart from the onboard DAC on my Lenovo - and it is much better than that!

It is a very nice unit though, I like the portability, at the moment I'm carrying the laptop and headphones back and forth between home and work each day and the Headstreamer is pretty easy for that.

I've bought a lot more music since I got this and would absolutely recommend it.

John

A

Anonymous

Just sitting work listening to a new download of Handel's Coronation Music - and can not believe how good the timpanies sound! If I close my eyes (while no-one is around), I would be sure they were really in the room.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Great thread

I've read some good things about the HeadStreamer. The only thing I've never been able to confirm from the spec-sheet is whether inside it's basically a HRT Streamer II tailored for headphone use or whether it's a completely unique design, different from both the II and the II+, and so sounds like neither. Same with the iStreamer.

I presume it's exempt from that silly Euro legislation which dictates it's not allowed to go louder than a flea-fart?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts