Just bought RX1 and centre, changing from Diamond 9.1?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Bad news guys.......
emotion-9.gif

The centre speaker is twice the height of my Dali Ikon, this MA is a monster.

Took them out of the box and said...... Oh, Then my heart drop.

So the brother in law is coming over on the weekend to put my TV on the wall. so cant tell until then.

I am looking at the boxes thinking maybe I should just hook them up and have a go then put them back, but its thur today so not to long until sat.

Can you wall mount the RX1? or are they too heavy, will be using them for rear eventually.

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi Canada, do you have a tv bracket? Brackets r us do some cheap prices!! Mine is from RS but mate works there so got it next to nothing, I would plug speakers in and see how they sound. As for your Dali what is the height depth and length?? Only I have posted in your system forum of my setup and although center sounds fine above tv I'm wondering would it fit beneath mine. Take a browse over my pics and see what you reckon??

A

Anonymous

The problem with my current set up is that I sold a Panasonic plasma and bought a lg 1080p lcd, so need to get it back on the wall.

My dali is about 4" height, and the MA is at least 6-7"

The RX is such good quality, heavy and good looking speakers, cant wait.

Will have a look when I am on lunch as my work computer wont bring up some images.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend wall mounting them as they tend to like a little space behind them, but toeing them in a little might help, and the room EQ on your amp might help as well.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:

I wouldn't recommend wall mounting them as they tend to like a little space behind them, but toeing them in a little might help, and the room EQ on your amp might help as well.

Im not wall mounting for the front, just when I get the RX6 I will be moving the RX1 to the rear, and I have an L shape sofa and I could have a stand one end, but not the other as it has a high side, and a shelf is not a option either as there is no wall to put this on.

A

Anonymous

I had some RX1's as front L/R until recently, I wall mounted them on some brackets (B-tech Aviball BT38) that could hold their weight.

They mounted the speaker about 95mm off the wall and they sounded fantastic. (just a shame my wife didn't like the proper speaker look, so I sold them and replaced them with the MA R250HD)

Hope this helps.

A

Anonymous

Ok brother in law put the TV on the wall, and it looks sweet.

Straight out of the box comes some Walnut RX1 and centre.

First the quality and weight .......
emotion-2.gif

Now hooked the all up and cleaned the wires and ran another MCACC.

For the sound....
emotion-2.gif

The dialogue.. I can hear everything, its not longer muffled but that centre is a monster.

Put some music on, and I am hearing trebble notes I never heard before, and I have a better soundstage now.

Overall I am pretty impressed, just cant wait to get the RX6 now.

Will be selling my diamond 9.1 and dali ikon centre over the weekend along with my Sennheiser HD595 to try claw some money back on this purchase. Damn this hifi addiction.

Will post pics soon.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
canada16:Im not wall mounting for the front, just when I get the RX6 I will be moving the RX1 to the rear, and I have an L shape sofa and I could have a stand one end, but not the other as it has a high side, and a shelf is not a option either as there is no wall to put this on.

As a rear it'd be ok, as you can always set them to small and up the crossover frequency if you get any bass issues.

A

Anonymous

Was using a Dali Ikon vokal 1.

The speech is so clear now, I had to turn down the centre volume setting.

I dont find these speakers warm at all, they are bags better than My diamond 9.1

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
canada16:

Was using a Dali Ikon vokal 1.

The speech is so clear now, I had to turn down the centre volume setting.

I dont find these speakers warm at all, they are bags better than My diamond 9.1

Ooohhh Canada.....you've given me this upgrade bug now too!

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
yes much better than the 9.1 more loud.more detail.compared today again the rx1 and the 10.1...miles better the rx1

A

Anonymous

ear:yes much better than the 9.1 more loud.more detail.compared today again the rx1 and the 10.1...miles better the rx1

Sorry dont understand your statement, are you now saying the RX1 are better?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
canada16:

ear:yes much better than the 9.1 more loud.more detail.compared today again the rx1 and the 10.1...miles better the rx1

Sorry dont understand your statement, are you now saying the RX1 are better?

No, I think he's having another 'dig'

A

Anonymous

Well dig all he wants, I have the 9.1 and the RX1 so I know the difference.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts