Just bought an Arcam A38...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
p_m_brown said:
It's definitely a keeper - I am so impressed with the way that music is presented through it!

Haven't really noticed it settling in as such

I couldn't agree more. I must say I've never noticed any settling in improvements with any components except speakers. I think as you get used to a new presentation you enjoy it more perhaps. I've had my A38/cd37 combo for quite a while now but it still impresses me with how real instruments sound, stereo imaging and the space created by the wonderful wide soundstage.

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Have to confess that if the Leema goes t**s up again, then the A38 would be serious consideration, along with a Electrocompaniet EC1-3.

Its definitely worth an audition. I wanted to try out an electrocompaniet amplifier as from reviews etc.. it sounds like a presentation I would like but unfortunately no shops anywhere near me stock them.

p_m_brown

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
It really is the first time in ages I haven't been thinking "well what if add this,or change that?". Sounds really gushy,but I am loving the sound of my set up now and have no plans to do anything apart from some more room treatment.

The soundstage is huge, bass deep and controlled and the detail is just out of this world. In fact, I haven't even bothered with the sub, that is saved for movies only now! :cheers:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
£3 cheaper than the Eicit R at £1598 - robbing cnuts

Still can't get over how good it sounds, it really trashes the Brio R, lot to be said about the quality of the amplifacation - it really does come into it's own once you up the stakes!

stevebrock said:
£3 cheaper than the Eicit R at £1598 - robbing cnuts

Still can't get over how good it sounds, it really trashes the Brio R, lot to be said about the quality of the amplifacation - it really does come into it's own once you up the stakes!

Very strange way of pricing...

Better off with the Rega when you factor in the phono stage et al

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Another useful feature on the Elicit R is that you can turn the pre-amp circuit off - handy for my AV amp as I use the the front pre outs for the fronts

It's little touches like that which separates good amps from also-rans.

Thing I like about the Leema, although not significant, is the set volume. If you turn it up to 11 o'clock and change source it automatically goes back to the original setting. This doesn't sound much but the amount of times little'un used to mess around with the volume only for me to turn it on, almost blowing the speakers (and making me jump thru the ceiling).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts