Just add VU meters?

I’ve noticed how regularly the VU meters fitted by the likes of Luxman and Accuphase are mentioned with admiration. Yamaha and NAD also have them on some models, and there seems to be an enduring appeal of these retro meters.

Today I’ve seen this newly released product that seems to sport handsome meters, but also amplifier and/or speaker switching. I’ve no idea if it’s any good, but it looks great in the pics, and is offered at $150 direct or £159 via Amazon UK. I have bought two of Fosi’s chip amps, so I know they can do great value products.

Reactions: DougK1
I’ve noticed how regularly the VU meters fitted by the likes of Luxman and Accuphase are mentioned with admiration. Yamaha and NAD also have them on some models, and there seems to be an enduring appeal of these retro meters.

Today I’ve seen this newly released product that seems to sport handsome meters, but also amplifier and/or speaker switching. I’ve no idea if it’s any good, but it looks great in the pics, and is offered at $150 direct or £159 via Amazon UK. I have bought two of Fosi’s chip amps, so I know they can do great value products.

Have to confess I'm a real sucker for dancing VU meters. Whether they are a wasted add-ons or not, IMO they add to the aesthetics.

Gray

One of the things he said in that article was:

'Unfortunately, my preferred sources wouldn’t make the LC30 dance until the volume hit rather extreme levels and that remained the same regardless if bare wire or banana plugs were used'.

What on earth difference did he expect to see between bare wires and banana plugs? :rolleyes:

Dom

'Unfortunately, my preferred sources wouldn’t make the LC30 dance until the volume hit rather extreme levels and that remained the same regardless if bare wire or banana plugs were used'.

What on earth difference did he expect to see between bare wires and banana plugs? :rolleyes:
Heh, I missed that.

Reactions: Gray

It’s bonkers, isn’t it - especially when there is a knob to dial up or down the sensitivity.

Last edited:

James105

Oct 30, 2019
Visit site

They look like fun, wether they're 160 quids worth of fun is the question :)

Reactions: DougK1

It would certainly defeat any reasons for me to read his reviews.... :)

TRENDING THREADS