Jumper bars

A

Anonymous

carrieq:
One of the jumper bars on my Tannoys has disappeared

Ah those magical vanishing beggars.

Do your speaker cables have plugs / spades / bare wire?

A

Anonymous

Yes, just get a short piece of good quality wire and use it just like the jumper - make sure it is the same wire for both speakers though.

A

Anonymous

Use your speaker cable.....just take a few inches off and reterminate, or buy a metre and cut pieces off.

Some suppliers sell these but they're usually expensive.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll buy a metre of cable as I'm rubbish at wire stripping and reterminating and all that jazz. Should I use the same cable, or could I get away with cheapo? And if I'm using cable for one, should I replace them all so that they're the same, or will it be fine as is?

A

Anonymous

Use the same cable as your speaker cable if possible, but definitely use the same for all four jumper cables. Do you know what speaker cable you use?

A

Anonymous

If you can get some jumpers out of your existing QED, why not?

A

Anonymous

Wire is usually better than bars anyway. You get very little contact area with many of the designs we see. Wire deforms to fill the space better.

Being such short lengths gives very little time for the wire to impress its signature upon your sound. The above advice is very good, but if you use something a bit different then i doubt you will notice tbh.

edit: ebay ofton have gold plated copper or brass wire if thats any good to you. People use it for making jewelery and stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts