Journey of starting a hobby speaker company!

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
Your Logo looks awsome on these! Once agin thanks for your help!

I really feel proud for participating in the creation of a great product. That Professor is a lucky guy for getting something brilliant that your hands and mind built. *drinks*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
First finished, completed, done, and worked! veneered front in Chestnut Burl a Proffesor has ordered 5 channels 3 mono blocks one stereo unit all in Chestnut Burl. The most difficult part is where the two surfaces join. How to get a neat clean join good enough to send to a customer. Also I was not sure how the veneer would mill but it's fine. Not to everybody's taste but its somthing different and we have lots of choices of wood. And yes, this afternoon's adventure was to turn the dining room into a studio out comes the light tent and lamps I need to show you how big these bulbs are they are about a foot long or for any one youger than 30 about 30.48cm!
looks very nice with the Verne front . Ok my best as I can do it reviwe is up on my post

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Given that 99.97% on here are male, and most women are that not obnoxious, I would say its a safe bet it's is a male Hedgehog.

So you should be by the way it works really well as an element ie short, good ratio, simple easy to reproduce but strong,

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
iQ Speakers said:
All I need now is Norman! Would make my night!

Sorry, but from here on in I am leaving defacing adverts to drunks on the tube.

Dinsdale!!!
anim_drunk.gif

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi. This info may be somewhere in the thread but who do you use for the designing and manufacture of your badges? I'm doing a speaker project and would like some custom badges.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
james_LR90 said:
Hi. This info may be somewhere in the thread but who do you use for the designing and manufacture of your badges? I'm doing a speaker project and would like some custom badges.

He nearly bit you (the designer, I mean)! *biggrin*

ifor

Dec 3, 2002
Visit site
DocG said:
james_LR90 said:

He nearly bit you (the designer, I mean)! *biggrin*

... I thought he impaled rather than bit.

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
iQ Speakers said:
james_LR90 said:

Hi James Vladamir of this forum designed the artwork Logo and these guys http://www.premierprintworks.co.uk/

printed the domed badges. 

Thank you for the reply. The badges should be a nice finishing touch to the project!

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So next project is a Pre Amp to match the Hypex Power amps. Here are early prototypes on scrap panels, I knew I kept them for a reason!

a123_zpscrmynokt.jpg

IMG_2032_zps6rvgd95c.jpg

IMG_2013_zpsqdvd7dqi.jpg

And the back oily bit!

IMG_2033_zpsh8jwaci9.jpg

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Dont panic DM the golden knobs are not staying Solid silver Aluminium Knobs are on the way! Plexiglass just needs sorting for the display will also source a darker blue display to match LED's on Amps. Pre Amp all up and running just need the DAC board to arrive to add into the box.

IMG_2061_zpsobrokqnr.jpg

shadders

Hi,

I located the following which I think may be of help for CNC work.:

http://www.myhobbystore.co.uk/product/172621/cnc-milling-in-the-workshop-crowood-metalworking-guides

Regards,

Shadders.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
shadders said:
tonky said:
Hmmmmm. 14/15£ entrance. Not sure if my wife will come now. A tenner would be better. Never mind

tonky
Hi,

Yes, you certainly don't want to spoil her now, do you.

Regards,

Shadders.

Ha ha - I like it. I love her company and spoil her in many ways (far more expensively than this hifi expo). She likes good music but wouldn't want to tag along listening to the hardware (unlike me!).

tonky

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
So just a quick light hearted update for the two folks who enjoy this thread. Yes you two!

Its about a Year (post 361) since we started hooking up Hypex NCore NC500 amp modules. One year later we have shipped quite a few!. In the middle of developing a new range of lower cost multichannel and active speaker 250W amps. We have even incorporated a Micro to control power up, trigger, standby and diagnostics and will be software upgradable, have a new much higher quality case coming, sample arrived only this morning, built our own discrete Class A Op Amp Input buffer section. Bought another better CNC machine, (just purchased a CO2 laser engrver collect it Wednesday let the fun begin, for the rear panel markings) introduced a 12V trigger, new website, move toward Nord Acoustics from iQ speakers, lost 20 odd scalpels, have an Australian distibutor, A USA one wants to take on the Nords. Have A/C in my cabin which I used for 3 days! Ordered lots of parts, including hundreds of M3 x 6mm pan head machine screws, broken a few screwdrivers, wethered a problem with Burson V5's and Hypex V regulators whilst keeping everybody happy, mastered my CAM software, I think?, failed at PCB design software, anoyed my other half on numerous ocasions as to why I spend all my time in the wooden cabin in the garden (dont understand this one thought she would be delighted) Done 2 HiFi shows which were bloody hard work on my own, had 1 review published, another one coming soon in HiFi Pig, oh I won a £600 Chord mains cable while donating to a charity to buy a wheelchair for a HiFi enthusiast. Built a pre amp, come across all kinds of wonderful kit that I never knew existed. I've met, helped, had support me, worked with, numerous good people. Drank alot of Red Stripe to keep me going while I do research, SEO, web stuff, answering emails, ordering bits, did I mention the M3... to the early hours now 2.50. Recieved stunning feedback from serious Audiophiles with very expensive kit, and made lots of people happy. Its been a hell of a year, extremley enjoyable, massively hard work and the next 3-4 months are going to be even more manic with the new product development. Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts