Jongo A2 vs Sonos Play 3

Jimbob1208

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at either a Jongo A2 or a Sonos Play 3 wireless speakers but there does not seem to be many reviews for the A2.

I like the fact that the A2 foes not require a bridge for multi room streaming and is easy to expand and is also cheaper than the Play 3.

Does anyone have any experience of using the Jongo A2?

Thanks

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

You don't always need a bridge for Sonos, as long as you can somehow hardwire the player to the router. If you can't then you just hardwire the bridge.

I bought into Sonos some time ago, but the Jongo does appeal and is much cheaper. When I came to add a 2nd Sonos player I wondered about going Jongo instead as the price was so much lower.

What really made me not do it and keep with Sonos was the fact it creates its own Mesh which always seems to be striong and frees my own wireless network for other traffic, while it sounded like Jongo would just use the existing wireless network. The Sonos has been absolutely reliable, while my own wireless network can be a little flakey at times. I just didn't want any drop-outs.

I don't know in terms of sound quality and don't have the Play3 or A2, but I can say the Sonos kit is pretty good. I did consider that Sonos doesn't support hi def files, but then decided I was highly unlikely to play any.

Not sure if this helps at all, but hope it does

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts