Jamo??

stiffy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading my speakers. I currently run Mission 70's on an Arcam Alpha 5 amp but find them a little bright at times and have seen a pair of Jamo D115's on the bay. Anyone know what they are like? Are they better than my small Missions?

Thanks

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
I had missions once, i was very pleased by their sound but they can be on the bright sight, maybe they do need a warmer sounding amp or maybe you should consider Dynaudio or Spendor speakers. Jamo is good from what i heard but i don't know what kind of sound it delivers.

stiffy

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I wondered if it was my amp but everyone seems to think my Arcam is a good amp. The problem I have is my main musical diet is one of Rock and owing to the bright sound I end up turning it off after about half an hour of AC/DC. It sounds great with 80's style electro-pop or the likes of Michael Buble.

RCduck7

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Arcams has indeed good amps, and now that i think of it they normally don't sound bright from what i remember. How are your room acoustics? Do you have a hard floor without any carpet? how close are your speakers to the side walls? It helps a lot to counter possible reflections if you allready didn't have. Otherwise you might try a NAD amp and if that doesn't help you might consider the speakers i mentioned. Also consider the french Apertura speakers if you can, they have ribbon tweeters and have a very relaxing easy going sound to listen for hours on end when i went to listen to them at a friend his home.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts