JAMO HCS DIFFERENCES?

LOST

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Just a quick one regarding the jamo small satelite 5.1 speakers . i notice richer sounds are doing the hcs105 for 169.99 and when i was in currys the weekend taking a look at there av recievers i noticed they are doing jamo hcs6 for 249.99 . is it just a newer version or different sub used with the end number being a 6 ? and would the onkyo 608 for 299,99 be to much for the jamos as i dont like the sony avs .

Cookie Monster

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Just a suggestion. I couldn't get my Jamo A105's to create a full surround field. Front soundstage was great but rears are different spec. to fronts and it shows. Tried 2 amps, 1 Denon and 1 Sony, they were no better. Crossover was set correctly they just sounded 'seperate'. Look great but i would suggest that you try before you buy. I purchased a Yamaha soundbar and the width and depth of the soundfield is better than it was with the Jamo's. Have kept my KEF 1005's though as although a little thin they do sound richer, smoother and with a wide sound.

If i was looking at speakers again i would look towards the recently reviewed £500 Tannoys, only slightly bigger but better spec. More expensive mind.

As all will say 'try before you buy'.

Regards you're question, as far as i know the new system has a better sub. If i remember the sub was very good on my old system so not sure why the new design. Just the different spec of the satellites a concern.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts