Jamo active subwoofer - question

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi nice people,

a friend of mine wants to get rid of his Jamo subwoofer since he changed house and does not have any space for it. So he wants to just give it to me for free. Now I am not aware of model...I think he said it is something like an active 80W.

My question is (rookie question), can I simply connect a subwoofer to my integrated amp even if the sub is active? If so, which inputs on the amp should I use?

Thanks!!!

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
We must stop meeting like this!

The 35i has pre-outs and the sub should be able to connect to these (mine is). The only slight problem is that for some reason, the sound isn't muted from this connection when the amp is switched on/off (causing a thump from the sub)....just make sure the sub is switched off before doing this.

Not sure about the Pathos, but it may well have pre-outs.

FWIW I would be surprised if you need a sub....it takes a good (preferably sealed) sub, that's well set up, to work with 2 channel.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
We must stop meeting like this! The 35i has pre-outs and the sub should be able to connect to these (mine is). The only slight problem is that for some reason, the sound isn't muted from this connection when the amp is switched on/off (causing a thump from the sub)....just make sure the sub is switched off before doing this. Not sure about the Pathos, but it may well have pre-outs. FWIW I would be surprised if you need a sub....it takes a good (preferably sealed) sub, that's well set up, to work with 2 channel.

So come to Brussels and we can meet in person! You can stay as long as you wish ;)
Indeed wasn't my idea to add a sub, just wondering since this friend ot mine wants to get rid of it if that could be of any use :D

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It greatly depends on the quality of the sub. A cheap reflex sub will do no favours to the sound.

So I suppose we really need to know the model of the sub in order to give meaningful advice.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
It greatly depends on the quality of the sub. A cheap reflex sub will do no favours to the sound. So I suppose we really need to know the model of the sub in order to give meaningful advice.

So this will happen on Thursday, my friend is coming to visit! I might add the sub to the Vincent and use it for home cinema when I will buy tv or projector...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts