Jamo a102 feedback and supporting amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Planning to make the plunge for these as part of my first surround sound system and have a few questions

1) General user feedback on these....anyone feel the need to upgrade soon after or do they do the job fine ((3m by 4m room)

2) Where do I get a couple of stands that will fit these without looking too cheap

3) Tempted by an extra 2 for the 7.1 surround experience...however viewing sofa is against back wall so these would be within 18 inch of my head...is it worth it?

4) sutiable amp to go with these.....was considering getting a Yamaha 763 (or even 863 to keep upgrade options open)

5) Will one of these Yamahas blow the speaker....speakers are rated at 60 only!

Thanks for any feedback

G

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gavin C:
Hi

Planning to make the plunge for these as part of my first surround sound system and have a few questions

1) General user feedback on these....anyone feel the need to upgrade soon after or do they do the job fine ((3m by 4m room)

2) Where do I get a couple of stands that will fit these without looking too cheap

3) Tempted by an extra 2 for the 7.1 surround experience...however viewing sofa is against back wall so these would be within 18 inch of my head...is it worth it?

4) sutiable amp to go with these.....was considering getting a Yamaha 763 (or even 863 to keep upgrade options open)

5) Will one of these Yamahas blow the speaker....speakers are rated at 60 only!

Thanks for any feedback

G

I did upgrade mine after a while but that was because I wanted floorstanders for stereo and I then went the whole hog. They are just fantastic for the money. The subwoofer is surprisingly good and the sats look much better than the pictures.

You can get stands specially for the Jamos (audiovisualonline.co.uk used to do them).

7.1 would be good but if this is your first system, the 5.1 Jamos will make you smile.

No, the Yamaha 763 will not blow the speakers. I used mine with the Sony 1200es (which is the equivalent of the Sony 2400es now).

A

Anonymous

1. The JAMO A102 HSC5 is an excellent budget home cinema style speaker package, and an award winner! For it's diminutive size, it provides an outstanding sound - concise, cohesive and articulate is how I would personally describe it. The accompanying 200w sub-woofer is sensational.

This was the system I purchased initially too, and only upgraded to the Mordaunt-Shorts as I preferred full size speakers, which provided a heftier and weightier sound all-around.

2. I bought four stands off E-Bay at £20.00 and they fitted the JAMO's perfectly. There are loads on E-Bay for next to nothing in terms of cost.

3. 5.1 surround sound should be fine for your room.

4. The Yamaha's you mentioned will be fine. Just don't pick a Sony, as the pairing might be too bright for some (it was for me!), unless it's fine to your ears.

5. I blew my front left speaker soon after installing it, but this was entirely my fault. I just did not calibrate the speakers properly, otherwise it should be fine, except for perhaps ear-deafening listening levels!

Conclusion : For a first time home cinema enthusiast, this is about the best system £250.00 will buy, all things considered. Enjoy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts