ixos XHD 608-100 digital coax cable - whathifi review downgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Could some please explain what is going on in the magazine...
This cable has gone from being an award winner with 5 stars down to now 3 stars (oct issue) with such a poor review... how can a cable go to being so bad?

Btw, I have this cable going from my DVD (Pana BD50) to AV (not HDMI compatible at the moment). So do I need to change the cable? - I am not in the market yet to upgrade the av.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
beermonster:Could some please explain what is going on in the magazine...
This cable has gone from being an award winner with 5 stars down to now 3 stars (oct issue) with such a poor review... how can a cable go to being so bad?

Btw, I have this cable going from my DVD (Pana BD50) to AV (not HDMI compatible at the moment). So do I need to change the cable? - I am not in the market yet to upgrade the av.

I had that cable before and it's fine. I think what happens is that newer products arrive on the market at the same price range and if they beat it, it's obvious that the rating will go down. Similarly the latest Sony LCD was recently awarded 4 stars and then a price reduction meant that an extra star was awarded.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yes, all our reviews are comparative, and all products tested on a performance-per-pound basis - so if newer rivals come along that we consider better value, older products tend to suffer.

It doesn't make your cable a bad one - it just means that, were you buying new today, we feel you could buy better for the same (or less) money.

T

the record spot

The thing that gets me is why would you change a perfectly good cable on the strength of it going downstairs from 5 to 3 stars? If anything, it proves that good products aren't determined solely on the strength of a star rating and moreso when you've been using it for a while? If it looks good, you like waht you see and it works, stick with it surely?

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
It also raises the question of comparative reviews of products over a period of time.

It would surely be virtually impossible to compare all new products with all previous similar products to see if something new is actually better than something tested, say, a couple of years ago.

Personally, I would say if it still sounds good to you then it is good (although no doubt somebody could make a good theory out of this - products suddenly sounding less good/better if their review star-rating goes down/up!).

("My system suddenly sounds rubbish - I'd better check the ratings haven't changed on WHFSV" !)
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts