What HiFi 2009 - No Longer What it Was

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

All,

Thanks for your thoughts - first off, apologies for the text, I've just seen that half the words have lost spacing; technical hitch on cut & paste presumably.

Andrew Everard - thanks for the response, good to know. As you mention later, clearly a huge amount of effort goes into this forum, and no one thing can be everything to everyone. So, thanks to all of you for your efforts, they're appreciated wherever we are around the world!

However, while some real progress is being made, and more in terms of third-party reviews is available to consumers, there are a number of interesting trends in AV and HiFi technology that are being missed in mainstream publications and forums - no doubt detracted focus due to costs and the 'financial crisis' is not helping. And perhaps the experts are waiting to see them tried and tested further before reviewing, but like WHF's very useful tests and reviews of (new) Server/Computer-based HiFi, maybe there is room to factor in a little more coverage of the latest (valid) alternatives that are challenging exisiting alternatives.

John Duncan

Oh I think you'll find there's plenty of coverage of the latest (valid) alternatives if you search through some of my proselytising
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails - Surprisingly personal reaction - don't think 'Rant' and 'Plead' are really appropriate here; expressing a personal view with "food for thought" isn't meant as a personal affront! Your comments duly noted however; I've edited to better express what I meant re: magazine cost.

Oh, and don't look now, but you might see that from my other posts I am sure I want high-end; just looking for a review of the Dome before giving it as a gift!

A

Anonymous

Thanks GC69 - but if I bother to make all these points, clearly I do like it! Nothing wrong with highlighting problems and suggesting tweaks: generally improves things, just like competition between retailers/companies does for consumers...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts