IVE JUST BOUGHT B&W CM1 DELIVERY TUESDAY

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I cant believe it, I went out today looking for floorstanders after months of umming and ahhing so today I went out with my wife to show her some floorstanders to see what she thought. Well, as you can imagin she weren't all that impressed until we went into sevenoaks norwich and the salesman just happened to say how good the cm1s were and asked if I fancied a listen. Well as it turned out I was so impressed the thought of floorstanders went right out the window so just as a comparison I asked him to hook up a pair of 684s and my wife hated them and declared how much she loved the tiny cm1s . Im still stunned as to how quick it all happened especially as my wife is no hifi lover, what a result.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys i cant wait feel like a big kid . another thing is i cannot believe the step up in quality over my rs1 even though theres only 150 difference in price

malg

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Got the CM5s and I love them. I'm home auditioning the PM1s this week to gauge if there is £1200 difference between them.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Audio Addict I am on the lookout for new speakers and I am as yet undecided I have had floor standers for more than 15 years I listened to b&w cm8 s which I liked and I am about to start listening I have made a short list bassed on reviews B&W cm8s proac d18 spender 6 s I would have never of thought of stand mounters but seeing your post has made me think . what stands are you using how high how much £ thanks for your advice on this one a path I was not even thinking of

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys i cant wait to get em. toyota man i would def give standmounts a try ( bw pm1 ? ) as you will see and hear things i your music that youve not heard before as standmounts give such a more detailed cohesive sound ( not in all cases obviously ) like i said in my post i compared em to the larger 684s and ok theyre great speakers but as a direct comparison with the much much smaller cm1s they were just a much more balanced sound which in this case more than made up for the comparitively lack off bass (even though the cm1s were plenty bassy enough ) as for stands i will be using my atacamas for now but have just seen bw do their own matching stands but again this will be looked into as their may be better stands out there.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
CM1s are one of the few standmount speakers which offer a great price to performance and they look stunning. Once upon a time I had them but now moved on. Some times I foundly miss them! Good choice!!

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
CM1s are one of the few standmount speakers which offer a great price to performance and they look stunning.

I don't agee with this. I find the CM1 quite expensive (£660 in Belgium and Germany) for what they offer, as do most magazine reviewers. ;)

Sospri

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes indeed,

Trust your ears and eyes, magazine reveiwers are only thier opinion, agendas, ect.

Saying that I have never seen a bad reveiw of these speakers.........

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
ErwinC said:
I don't agee with this. I find the CM1 quite expensive (£660 in Belgium and Germany) for what they offer, as do most magazine reviewers. ;)

I am very sorry for you (and for any one else who does it), if you are paying retail prices!

Yes, CM1 are not especially cheap.

For me the most VFM speakers are Wharfedale 9.1. There is very little to complain at a price of 140 Euros a pair.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
WishTree said:
I am very sorry for you (and for any one else who does it), if you are paying retail prices!

For me the most VFM speakers are Wharfedale 9.1. There is very little to complain at a price of 140 Euros a pair.

I never pay retail price. But for comparing the price/performance of speakers i use the retail price.

For me the most VFM speakers i ever heard are the Monitor Audio BX2 and Dali Zensor 1. Both speakers can easily be compared with speakers costing twice their price according to me.

ErwinC

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
Sospri said:
Saying that I have never seen a bad reveiw of these speakers.........

Me neither, but most reviews are from more than 5 years ago. The CM1 were first sold in 2006 as far as i can remember.

It was certainly not my intention to say that the CM1 speakers are bad, i only wanted to react on the statement that they offer great price to performance. That is not the case according to me. Speaker development techniques have really improved the last years and speakers like the Dali Zensor 1 and Monitor Audio BX2 are not far behind the B&W CM1 imo.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
ErwinC said:
WishTree said:

I never pay retail price. But for comparing the price/performance of speakers i use the retail price.

For me the most VFM speakers i ever heard are the Monitor Audio BX2 and Dali Zensor 1. Both speakers can easily be compared with speakers costing twice their price according to me.

I managed to buy the 9.1's for £99. I simply cant believe the sound quality you get for that price. I've bought them on a whim as a stop gap before changing later in the year when funds improve, HOWEVER, I now wont be upgrading. I feel like the cat that got the cream. They simply dont sound in any way like a budget speaker. The midrange, and lets face it, thats where the action is, is fantastic. :dance: on the 9.1's.

Did I mention how good they are?

Ben123

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I own both the 9.1's and the CM1's . I won't be parting with either. The 9.1's will be my party speaker that i won't worry about driving really hard. The cm1's are in a different league all together and have no desire to upgrade at the moment. I paid retail prices as they dont go much cheaper on ebay. I dont feel that i have overpaid for the cm1's as i auditioned the 685's, cm8's MA RX2's, and Neat Motive 3's, and the cm'1s were the best choice for me. No im just trying to find a deal on the matching fs700 stands for the cm1's (not cheap!!) Well done to op for the cm1 purchase :)

I own both the 9.1's and the CM1's . I won't be parting with either. The 9.1's will be my party speaker that i won't worry about driving really hard. The cm1's are in a different league all together and have no desire to upgrade at the moment.

I paid retail prices as they dont go much cheaper on auction sites. I dont feel that i have overpaid for the cm1's as i auditioned the 685's, cm8's MA RX2's, and Neat Motive 3's, and the cm'1s were the best choice for me.

No im just trying to find a deal on the matching fs700 stands for the cm1's (not cheap!!)

Well done to op for the cm1 purchase :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts