IVE JUST BOUGHT B&W CM1 DELIVERY TUESDAY

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
If thats true what you say erwin then me paying five hndred pou ds has given me a speaker that compares to ones costing doubke that too becuase they sounds stunning. I also got a FREE PAIR OF NEXUS SIX STANDS IN THE PRICE TOO.

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
If thats true what you say erwin then me paying five hndred pou ds has given me a speaker that compares to ones costing doubke that too becuase they sounds stunning. I also got a FREE PAIR OF NEXUS SIX STANDS IN THE PRICE TOO.

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
I was thinking about the CM1's too. I have RS6's, but have moved into a flat so need something more petite. They're one of the few speakers that my partner likes in both looks and sound.

They're about £440 here, and I think they're pretty good value for that amount of money. I don't mind paying a bit extra for a decent looking speaker. Sure, the CM1s would probably be better value sound wise if they had a vinyl wrap, but that would put me right off them.

A

Anonymous

Chose rosewood with matching black b&w stands,very smart.

Playing them 30 cm from rear wall, no foam bungs, nice solid bass for their size. :)

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
FATS 2828 said:
Chose rosewood with matching black b&w stands,very smart.

Playing them 30 cm from rear wall, no foam bungs, nice solid bass for their size. :)

Same as mine - great looking/sounding speakers, though I only have them as surrounds. (I filled the stands with Atacama pellets).

But when I play SACDs or DVD-As, they come into their own and play their part.

A

Anonymous

Lovely speakers :)

Ive gone for their bigger brothers the CM5's as I was offered them at a superb price with the stands/Atabites to mass-load them etc...

Thought the CM1's sounded amazing with the Cyrus 8XP amp the shop used but for me the CM5's just had that bit more of an open sound stage and width etc... Plus their bass is amazing for the size of the speakers; same with the CM1's!

Hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine :D

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thanks guys im lovin em
smiley-laughing.gif

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Audio addict

i am very interested to read your post about the CM1s. I too have a mcr603, and today purchased a set of cm1s after hours of demoing with 686 and kef r100.

I haven't got them home yet, but I am slightly concerned by the issue of too much bass, can you please tell me how you find the bass response, and how close you have them positioned to a rear wall?

I will have them about 20cm from a rear wall, so I hope I won't suffer from too much bass response?

I would very much appreciate hearing your experiences of this hifi and speaker combination.

Thanks

Richard

Bradley747 said:
Hi Audio addict

i am very interested to read your post about the CM1s. I too have a mcr603, and today purchased a set of cm1s after hours of demoing with 686 and kef r100.

I haven't got them home yet, but I am slightly concerned by the issue of too much bass, can you please tell me how you find the bass response, and how close you have them positioned to a rear wall?

I will have them about 20cm from a rear wall, so I hope I won't suffer from too much bass response?

I would very much appreciate hearing your experiences of this hifi and speaker combination.

Thanks

Richard

It'll depend how your room size will compare with AAs. Also, if they are too bass-heavy you could try the bungs.

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Bradley747 said:
Hi Audio addict

Thanks

Richard I've had the cm1's. ( great speakers) used them at 20cm from rear wall, with just outer foam bungs they should be fine. :)

Bradley747

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I demoed with my own marantz mcr603' and that is what I will drive them with at home. It felt like it had plenty of power btw.

The demo was conducted with the speakers on stands and perfectly spaced away from the walls and each other. This is where I was a bit silly really and I didn't fully investigate the effects of placing them much closer to a wall.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts