iTunes Sound Enhancer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
bigboss said:
I do like to sprinkle a bit of black pepper on my pizza even if it's made by the world's best chef! :p

+ 1

.. but you may as well don't like world's best chef pizza because all you ever had was indian shop oily pizza made from not exactly the finest ingredients

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
It's interesting, not sure it;s all good news but it can have a really nice effect on a track. Not sure, maybe my kit is all very neutral and I'm just finding this setting injects a bit more 'life' into the sound (instruments in particular).

Anyone else given it a go, thoughts?

letsavit2

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
If it sound better to you then it sounds better full stop, after all we are the end users and without us our hifi's would never be heard.

Hoodedcrow

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Higher quality Hi-Fi equipment is more revealing, so on a poor quality recording I'm sure a little tweaking shouldn't do no harm.

I have a few albums like one recorded by a band called The Amps which can IMO be improved, but as a whole I would agree that a good system needs no adjusting.

So I suppose a tweak or two can make the music more enjoyable and if that makes the OP happy then fair play to him.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
letsavit2 said:
If it sound better to you then it sounds better full stop, after all we are the end users and without us our hifi's would never be heard.

It is a common view, typical of modern times.
It is also very true, regardless of times, thankfully. And makes more sense than any self-righteous, puritanical, holier than thou condemnation from any third party.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
fr0g said:
davedotco said:
letsavit2 said:

It is a common view, typical of modern times.
It is also very true, regardless of times, thankfully. And makes more sense than any self-righteous, puritanical, holier than thou condemnation from any third party.

I think you missed out a few adjectives there, feel free to have another go.

I'll give you something to have a go at.

Anybody can listen to reproduced music, at whatever the standard, and say that they are enjoying the music, no argument there. In fact, due to my circumstances, my own playback system is very much in the 'cheap and cheerful category' a situation I have had to live with for a while.

Do I enjoy my music on it, well yes I do, but I am acutely aware that the reproduction is lacking in many areas. For some of the things I play I can live with that, but by and large I find orchestral music difficult, lack of presence, scale and often refinement. Similarly I find Opera pretty near impossible, my system can not handle the dynamic range of many of the singers at anything like the levels I like to play.

Unusually for me I have been revisiting some classic jazz, some of the newer recordings I have been listening too are too complex, rhythmically, for my system to untangle so I find it hard to listen.

Just a very brief explanation of why I think better, more accurate, systems are important, to me anyway, and when I want to improve the system I will take advice on modern equipment from someone experienced and knowledgeable rather than someone who thinks a pair of Beats can acually play music.

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:
Just a very brief explanation of why I think better, more accurate, systems are important, to me anyway, and when I want to improve the system I will take advice on modern equipment from someone experienced and knowledgeable rather than someone who thinks a pair of Beats can acually play music.

Can't disagree with that. Beats and over-processed or over-eq'd music isn't for me, and I'd be very unlikely to get advice from the people who think it's the doggs B's, but I respect that they enjoy it.

BluePotato

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, spent lot of time playing with this setting last night. Wish I'd never found the thing as spent more time switching to and fro. Results were mixed by the end of the night and ended in a state of confusion. I agree with the point that a good system shouldn't need any adjustment which if anything is making me look at my system again and wonder If I've got a weak link/combination thats not complimenting each other. :wall:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts