ITUNES BETTER QUALITY MUSIC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Itunes is downloaded on our laptop but we have transfered it to an external harddrive aswell still on laptop with more memory.

are tracks are ripped onto our apple classic 160gb at normal compressed quality and apparently there is a setting on itunes to convert it to cd quality.

How do you do this? Do we have to burn all our cds on the laptop again?

Many thanks DAZ

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
The short answer is yes you will need to burn all the CDs again. When you ripped them at "normal compressed quality" you will have lossed some of the original recording. This cannot be restored. You will need to select a lossless format for ripping the CDs. You will also need to consider the extra space that ripping in lossless format requires.

Hope this helps

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
To add to Jim's comments, you are going to need at least four times the space when going from 128kbps to Apple Lossless... Whilst it is unlikely to be an issue on your Classic, you could potentially fill your laptop!

A

Anonymous

My old laptop was a 60gb and getting clogged up. Wifes got a new sony 250gb now but the external seagate is a 750gb harddrive.

I think that should last for a while b4 we fill that up!

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
Very true. One little thing that I found helped, was setting itunes to eject the disc once it had finished with it - that way you can keep feeding it discs without having to keep an eye on the screen!

TRENDING THREADS