Itube 252 valvedock + Wharfedale diamond 9.1

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
I recently purchased the itube 252 vavedock and want to know if they will work with the wharfedale's. The wharfedale diamonds are 6ohm and the 252 supports 4ohm and 8ohm so I guess they will work. The next thing is that the wharfedale speakers have separate terminal posts for HF and LF respectively.

Does anyone know whether the 252 supports bi wiring. If not I will have to connect to only one terminal, therefore which one would be most recommended... the HF or LF?

Any help would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Speakers will work fine they are just a little harder to drive than 8ohm speakers.

Only way your going to bi wire is to the speaker end then double them up at the amp end.

skularatna

Dec 18, 2008
Visit site
thanks. Just another question... if the speaker posts on the amp are designed for banana plug only and not bi-wire how would i bi-wire.... I understand bi wiring offers better clarity as it seperates the channels LF and HF respectively... or is this a myth?

Could i perhaps by bi-wire cable from say richer sounds and twist the wires on one end into one and feed them into a bannana plug which goes to the amp? I.e the twist the bare wires of the positives on one end and put them into a bannana plug into the amp.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts