Items that give the least improvement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
drummerman said:
I found that my new cyrus remote control didn't improve sound all that much.

Disappointed.

Dispappointed with youir hifi remote? Something lacking? Not quite there somehow?

Then YOU need Gee-Wizz batteries, exclusively sold by Andrew Rustles. Although these may the same size and weight as regular AA or AAA batteries (both equivalents are available), the patent unobtainium dilectric wrapping of our batteries cuts out on magnetic fields straying into your remote, and from there into you hifi kit, ruining the sound!

Available by mail order only, send a postal order for $49-95 per battery plus $100 shipping and handling to Andrew Rustles, PO Box 6969, Las Vegas, NV 12345.

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!!!

Order four or more Gee-Wizz batteries and receive a FREE turntable needle sharpener! Just pay sepeate shipping and handling ($299-95) and we'll send you one of our patent gramaphone needle sharpening files, GUARANTEED to keep your LP grooves deepy cut and bring back that 1920s sound you SO miss!!

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
muljao said:
Have you ever spent money on an item and realised afterwards that your hard earned cash may have been used much better?

Never. Because I'm not a fool. If I buy something. I know why I buy it. I follow the rule "I'm too poor to buy junk".

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
It is one of those "it depends" questions. It depends on the system in question in the first place.

Speakers generally give the most immediately noticeable difference to the average ear, but take the speaker too far and the amplifier won't be getting the best out of them. For me, source still reigns, regardless of whether it is analogue or digital - naff in, naff out. A high quality speaker can only accurately reproduce the naff signal it receives.

Dom

The cheaper or newer it is the more your hoping it will elavate the bang to buck ratio. Like Chinese Dacs, I bought a Dac AH for £90 and was dissapointed. It's what made me want to more expensive hifi. Just waiting for mega hifi one day.*mail1*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts