Items for sale

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I know what hi-fi doesn't have a section for items for sale and its not something you want to get involved with but have noticed many links being posted on here for items that are for sale on ebay or articles relating to items ppl have seen on ebay and questioning there suitablilty/worth ect

I have noticed a few new headings appering on the website these last few days - can we not have a specific section for ppl to post items they have seen on ebay or selling but use ebay or other sites as the merchant with a disclaimer from What Hi Fi that its not involved as don't see that really being any different to someone posting "have just seen this on ebay any good?"

Just an idea and hope not broken any rules by asking!
emotion-3.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Broken no rules, but far too open to abuse, honestly.

At the moment we're having a bit of a flurry of 'not quite what they seem to be' posts, and given our limited resources at what is a very busy time for us, we really don't need to encourage further problems.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
but if it had a proper place on the forum to be wouldn't that help with some of the 'not quite what they seem to be' posts

i read things on here about products never heard of and then end up googling them or looking on ebay to see what they are - just seems a waste not to as i know for example i bought Messiahs amp off him through ebay not knowing it was him until after the transaction but he guessed from my posts and someone else bought my interconnects and commented on it

but thanks again for speedy response

John Duncan

al7478:And on the subject of new sections, i think there is a danger of reaching critical mass very soon, if they havent already, FWIW.

Good point - I'm going to create a new subforum specifically for complaints about how many subforums there are.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Oh, I don't think there'll be any more for a while: one was in response to public demand, the ones in the show section were just to stop people talking at cross-purposes, and the last one was really only done as a joke when the off-topic got seriously off-topic even by off-topic standards.

Alec

Oct 8, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:al7478:And on the subject of new sections, i think there is a danger of reaching critical mass very soon, if they havent already, FWIW. Good point - I'm going to create a new subforum specifically for complaints about how many subforums there are.

Its ok, im quite happy to complain here.

A

Anonymous

What about a sub sub forum for complaint escalation and independent adjudication
emotion-5.gif

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'm just disappointed that no-one's found the secret sub-forum yet - the one you can only get to via a combination of gathering key phrases from the middle of long-running, bad-tempered threads, reassembling them in Haiku form and re-posting under a full moon, when your post-count is on a prime number
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts