Item Audio - Anybody used them?

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I recently ordered a Wyred 4 Sound Remedy from Item Audio (itemaudio.co.uk) and they took the money. Days went by with no information, so I chased up and was told the Remedy was out of stock and they ordering from US. I would have to wait 7-10 days - this was ok with me.

However, about 4 days later I changed my mind. I emailed Item Audio to ask for a refund, they offered to send a demo unit while I wait but I said I would like a refund. No response.

I emailed again the next day. No response. So I waited two more days and sent another mail. Still no response. It has been 5 days since I asked for a refund, but no money has been forthcoming.

Has anybody else problems with these guys before?

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
The opposite actually I got really good home demo service from them and have bought from them as has my cousin

The owner of the company is Mark have you tried calling the office?

wilro15

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
It is Mark I have been dealing with, I haven't called in yet. I did find them to be responsive until I asked for a refund.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
About nine months ago I was talking to them about a MacHac to my MacMini. New linear power supply, passive cooling, SSD off board storage, Cryofreeze treatment etc. etc.

I didn't have a problem with them because we never got to that stage. The couple of times we spoke they were very enthusiastic about their products and gave great advice etc.

However they consistently failed to return calls and emails and seemed incapable of giving me a price or a timescale for the work. I am talking five or six emails and voicemails over a two week period. Then finally one of them might answer the phone. Then another week would go by.

In the end I got sick of being pished about, sacked it off and bought a Moon MIND 180 network player instead.

pkerai

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they arent as business orientated as other hifi sellers.

But they do give good advice. And I suppose you need to be sure of a purchase with them before placing it. Not least because they do lots of customisation in their products they offer.

I was planning to purchase from them. they do a few products which UK retailers just dont sell.

I hope the communication improves though.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts