It has to be said...

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm not a Hipster, I wouldn't pay £3.20 for a pack of cereal let alone a bowl! I'm simply a colour blind, old fart struggling with his midlife crisis, ably assisted by his young daughter in choosing his next purchase.. Soon to be my third turntable.

photo.php
10428550_10152407075711249_9221251984504555613_n.jpg

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Everything else I have is either matt or gloss black or chrome... felt like injecting some colour. Plus it's finally got my daughter taking an interest n vinyl.

Her face actually lit up the other evening when listening through the AKG's and EHP-O2D[/b] to a Linn Christmas track. There's hope for the young girl yet! ;-)

D

Deleted member 108165

How would you rate the sound from this deck - hifi or lowfi? I'm currently running a Project Debut Carbon but have always looked at these automatic turntables through rose tinted specs as I'm a bit of a lazy git and don't like moving from my chair too often to either place or return the arm to its rest
regular_smile.gif

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
DougK Sadly I never got the chance to compare the sound of the Technics as my patient wait of nearly 2 months was frustratingly fruitless. See my other post Turntables-Pro http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/turntables-pro-flebay-any-experience for details. I'm rather gutted as I was really looking forward to comparing my various decks... And sorry about long delay in replying, been off forums for a while.

D

Deleted member 108165

luckylion100 said:
DougK Sadly I never got the chance to compare the sound of the Technics as my patient wait of nearly 2 months was frustratingly fruitless. See my other post Turntables-Pro http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/turntables-pro-flebay-any-experience for details. I'm rather gutted as I was really looking forward to comparing my various decks... And sorry about long delay in replying, been off forums for a while.

Yep, I've read all your posts mate, really gutted for you sir. No worries, I jumped in and bought a Pioneer PLX1000 and gave my Project Carbon to my sister. Pioneer's a chunky beast and needed a really good cart to get the best out of it, but I'm more than happy with its performance and aesthetics. Hope you get the chance of another Technics soon.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that Doug. Will be keeping my eye out but confidence in online component shopping has taken a hit. This guy came thoroughly recommended according to the feedback. Seems as if Mickey Mouse is currently running his business. To add insult to injury I've heard from Technics (Turntables) - Pro this morning requesting that their goodwill gesture be returned. I prompty told them where to go! I've lost a day at work, I also have a brand new Iconic Audio handmade Technics dustcover and new Ortofon (colour co-ordinated, keeping my daughter happy) headshell sitting here with no accomapnying turntable. Still very disappointed, two months of waiting came to nothing. Enjoy your new turntable, I'll be keeping my eye out for something similar. ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts