issues with Cambridge Audio Stream Magic 6 displaying duplicates over USB

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can offer me some guidance.

Just purchased the stream magic, promptly plugged in my FAT32 formatted drive with my neatly organized FLAC library, and to my surprise all of the FLAC files show up in the folder twice, once by full file name and extension (01 - The Beatles - Sgt Pepper - Getting Better.FLAC), once just alphabetical by song name(Fixing a Hole, Getting Better, Etc).

The latter I can indeed play, but the filename versions cannot be played. It's quite anoying to have to scroll past all the filenames in order to get to the media I can actually play.

I'm not sure why they're appearing twice. :wall: Also, the versions that WILL play are listed alphabetically by song name, as opposed to chronologically by track number as they would appear on the album - quite annoying as well.

Suggestions?

A

Anonymous

Hi Joe -

double checked the drive - its for sure fat formated

formatted another drive really quickly and put a few files on it just to double check - same result

A

Anonymous

Great, thanks all

actually already filed a query with cambridge, im just getting antsy to get it resolved. i was hoping it was something (relatively) simple that i had overlooked...

A

Anonymous

hello again

just as a follow up, i attempted to access some .aiff files on the drive as well, again with the same result

the files are first listed as ._01 File Name.aif and after navigating further down past these tracks, the same song will be listed as 01 Song Name.aif

the latter of the two will play, whereas the former will not

A

Anonymous

Well, I finally got rid of the duplicates over upnp by re-tagging all the files, but they still show up when I connect USB directly.

Add to that I've been unable to connect my Sirius account for some reason, and I'm sorry to say I'm a bit frustrated with the whole experience. :/

Im still in contact with Cambridge support but progress has been slow moving. Hopefully we get it all resolved eventually

A

Anonymous

As a quick update, the software team has noted that this looks like is could be a version of the "Apple Double format" issue. This is where metadata pertaing to a different operation is seamlessly merged with the metadata of the album file causing it to appear as a duplicate. You can remove this additional data using dot_clean on OSX.

Regards

Ed

CambridgeAudioCare

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello lifeis11,

We're sorry to hear of the problems that you are experiencing.

The USB issues that you are experiencing sound like problems being caused by Apple 'DoubleFormat' where a 2nd file containing meta-data is stored on the device.

This file doesn't necessarily make much sense on non-MacOS filesystems, but can end up on them if you bulk copy the files over. Some links:

http://hintsforums.macworld.com/showthread.php?t=114972

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-10329972-263.html

As regards your Sirius problem, we have checked the username and password that you provided via our Customer Care Centre and everything appears OK.

So that we can resolve this as quickly as possible for you, please could you provide our Customer Care Centre with the extra Sirius information that we requested, and also let us know if you are using a Mac computer to create and copy over your USB files.

Many thanks,

Ed Selley

Cambridge Audio

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts