Isolation - is Black Ravioli the answer!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Many of you will read the title and think I'm nuts or at least a strange cook! But for those in the know and who have heard of this new product I would welcome some feedback to confirm whether it does indeed have magical isolation properties.

I have an oldish Soundstayle metal rack with glass shelves which is singing a bit now I have had to locate my mighty Spendor SP120R's relatively close to it. I'm sure it is impacting the performance of my Plinius CD101 which although sounding fantastic, may not be quite as precise/detailed as I remember it in audition. I intend to put one black ravioli pad under each foot initially to see if that does the trick. Apparently stage two is to stack two ravioli under each corner so that the original feet do not touch the shelf! The second option starts getting expensive because I want to "isloate" my Plinius 9200 amp aswell and each pad is GBP20.

If you believe the reviews, I will be flabberghasted how great an improvement these things bring. They even suggest putting a pad between the CD input cables to reduce air bourne vibration makes a big difference too!

I'm tempted to invest in a few but would welcome any thoughts

My kit is: Plinius CD101, Plinius 9200 amp, Spendor SP120R, Chord Epic Twin Speaker cable, Chord Anthem II XLR inteconnects, Russ Andrews Ultrapurifier block and Reference Mains cables

I don't work for an audio company

idc

I have not used Black Ravioli but I had a look at some out of interest at Loud&Clear in Edinburgh they rave about it. It is expensive for what it is. Could you buy three and use two at the front and one at the back? Russ Andrews sell oak cone feet that are cheaper and that is how they recommend they are used. You can get cheaper still off ebay with sorbothane and machined metal supports.

I am sure with Black Ravioli the forum would be looking for you to buy and try and report back your findings!

spacericon.jpg

A

Anonymous

I heard them in loud and clear Glasgow some time back and yes they did make a difference but at 4 for £70 I didn't think it was worth it. Spend the two sets worth on a nice new rack instead. Ofcourse I was told they made more difference than a new rack, possibly true but I needed a new one anyhow.

@ Joel is that even more so than the mains cables?

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
fast eddie:I heard them in loud and clear Glasgow some time back and yes they did make a difference but at 4 for £70 I didn't think it was worth it. Spend the two sets worth on a nice new rack instead. Ofcourse I was told they made more difference than a new rack, possibly true but I needed a new one anyhow.@ Joel is that even more so than the mains cables?

She doesn't know about those.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts