Is Wii component adapter worthwhile?

dave_k

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if this is the right part of the forum, but anyhow...

My girlfriend has a Wii connected via scart (composite?) to a 26" HD ready Panasonic LCD. I'm wondering if it's worth getting the component adapter to send an HD signal to the TV. There is a possibilty in the near future that the Wii could be connected to my 42" full HD plasma (it has been in the past) and is it worthwhile for that?

Thanks folks,

Dave.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
dave_k:

My girlfriend has a Wii connected via scart (composite?) to a 26" HD ready Panasonic LCD. I'm wondering if it's worth getting the component adapter to send an HD signal to the TV. There is a possibilty in the near future that the Wii could be connected to my 42" full HD plasma (it has been in the past) and is it worthwhile for that?

Thanks folks,

Dave.

I use my Wii with my 46inch Panny and upgraded to component from scart. It's definitely worthwhile doing this as picture quality is beter with fewer 'jaggies'

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
dave_k:

Thanks folks,

Dave.

Definitely worth upgrading to component. I did just that and use my Wii with a 46 inch Panny. Better picture quality with fewer 'jaggies'

A

Anonymous

As the Wii can only output 420p or 576i its gonna look blocky on a large HD TV.

A

Anonymous

Wrong, edsib1.

The games look awesome-especially the Gamecube games such as Resident Evil 4, iPlayer looks excellent too. As long as people remember to ensure the Wii setting is set at 480p it'll be a joy for any pair of eyes. Looked excellent on my son's 42" plasma & looks great on my Sony KDL 40LX903 too.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts