Is there ANY chance for us mortals to acguire this package as only 30 pieces will be produced?

L00k_C

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
I guess your best bet will be to contact your Cyrus retailer or Cyrus direct: although as it's due to make its debut at the Bristol show, perhaps rocking up there on openng day next Friday with £17,000 in cash might help! ;)

:grin: Hmmm tempting..thank god I do not have my picture on my profile..... so I will be incognito... :cheer:

PS: is the stand in the price or is it extra
smiley-sealed.gif
, CABLES?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Crossie said:
Or buy the same, but non anniversary system, for £11200 and save yourself the dosh...

So there's an extra £5,800 of hardware/components crammed into these little black boxes?

I think I'll pass.

Exshopguy

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Good to know that the designer said "What began as a personal project turned into a decision to create the best hi-fi system possible "if the commercial constraints were removed"", so it would seem if money were no object that Cyrus would make, well, pretty much exactly the same thing they already do!

manicm

Crossie said:
Or buy the same, but non anniversary system, for £11200 and save yourself the dosh...

Not quite dear chap, all 5 distinct components (7 pieces total) in this system have been modified physically and aesthetically to improve the sound upon the standard items. These special components cannot currently be purchased individually.

And yes, 17k is a lot of dosh, but compared to a top-end Linn system it's almost a bargain if you have the cheese.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Andrew Everard said:
L00k_C said:
smiley-sealed.gif
, CABLES?

As the story here says:

"Sold as a complete package, the Anniversary system comes bundled with specially produced interconnect cables and a matching Hark II equipment rack"

I note the article parrots the PR of 'As for the Mono X 300, each of which delivers 300W' when even going off Cyrus' own tech specs they give 235w into 8 ohms.

manicm

BenLaw said:
Andrew Everard said:
L00k_C said:
smiley-sealed.gif
, CABLES?

As the story here says:

"Sold as a complete package, the Anniversary system comes bundled with specially produced interconnect cables and a matching Hark II equipment rack"

I note the article parrots the PR of 'As for the Mono X 300, each of which delivers 300W' when even going off Cyrus' own tech specs they give 235w into 8 ohms.

I wouldn't say they're being totally dishonest - the standard item specs are 235W (into 8 Ohms), 365W (into 4 Ohms)

So 300w would fall in-between perhaps for many 6ohm speakers which are likely to be used with this amp. Also, since all the 30th components have been upgraded, could be they've tweaked the power a bit too, especially in combination with the PSX.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I think the 300 rating is a little confusing, but not neccesarily intended to be dishonest. Most amps are rated with a headline figure at 8 ohms, although some use the output at 4 ohms. Cyrus have chosen to rate theirs somewhere imbetween. I can see the argument that this is where most speakers lie in their average rating, but even so it's kinda confusing when making comparisons.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts